Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta ending some Florida routes from April

Gold 5 Star Member

Delta ending some Florida routes from April

Delta has announced the end of their Heathrow to Miami service from April. They will also transfer their Gatwick to Atlanta service to Heathrow. The end of the Miami service also means no more Delta flights from Miami to Orlando and Tampa.

Last month American ended their long running service from Miami to Fort Myers (which I used a lot) so it's looking like Miami options are being significantly reduced.

Gold 5 Star Member
    That's a shame. We have done Miami and connected to Orlando in the past and it was a great service.
    On the plus side - Heathrow will be far easier than Gatwick for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Delta has announced the end of their Heathrow to Miami service from April. They will also transfer their Gatwick to Atlanta service to Heathrow. The end of the Miami service also means no more Delta flights from Miami to Orlando and Tampa.

Last month American ended their long running service from Miami to Fort Myers (which I used a lot) so it's looking like Miami options are being significantly reduced.
    I suspect it also means the Virgin prices will go up!
    Tonish

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    I suspect it also means the Virgin prices will go up!
    Think you might be correct

Florida Expert
    Not great news as that's the route we *were* doing in July...I guess Delta will refund the price leaving us to pay a higher price for flights or lose deposits etc...

Oxfordshire UK & Languedoc-Roussillon France
    Not that surprised - we flew over on Thursday with Delta to Orlando via Boston, and the plane was half empty.
    Amanda

Super Moderator
    The London Miami route was one of the slots BA/AA had to give up so what will happen now? Have Delta kept the slot and are hoping no one will notice if they only fly to Atlanta: is someone else going to fly LHR to MIA or are either BA or AA hoping to use the slot again?

Florida Chatterbox
    BA/AA fly 4 times per day between Heathrow and Miami. Not sure they would want to add a 5th flight.
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3389.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brizzle View Post
    Not great news as that's the route we *were* doing in July...I guess Delta will refund the price leaving us to pay a higher price for flights or lose deposits etc...
    I think it's more likely that they'll just re-route you without additional charge which you're free to accept or reject in favour of a refund. In my experience it's best to be proactive and contact them as soon as you can as there'll probably be more options at the moment.

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I think it's more likely that they'll just re-route you without additional charge which you're free to accept or reject in favour of a refund. In my experience it's best to be proactive and contact them as soon as you can as there'll probably be more options at the moment.
    Agreed, we did that yesterday but it was still a direct route 'on the system'. It's changed today to reroute through JFK so no worries with paying more.
    Will give them another call this morning to see if they will change it to LHR-JFK-Tampa.

Can only think they knew this was going to happen in September when we booked these deals as the prices were about 60% of the prices anywhere else.

Any advice on transfer airport for first time indirect flyers with 3 children?
    Options are JFK, Atlanta and Detroit
    Last edited by brizzle; 26-02-2012 at 08:26.