Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Vegetarian Food in the Parks and Supermarkets

Florida Chatterbox

Vegetarian Food in the Parks and Supermarkets

Hi
    since our last visit to Florida my daughter has become vegetarian. I have looked at the menus for our favourite restaurants and although the choice is very limited there is the odd meal she can pick. Does anyone know what the choice is like in the supermarkets i.e. Walmart and Publix or if she wanted something to eat in a theme park?

Thanks

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    If you register on the Sweet Tomatoe's website they send you coupons all the time such as BOGOF and so on, we love it. The soups are delicious and the breads are lovely and so are all the different salads :- http://www.souplantation.com/clubveg/

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    Supermarkets are Ok but could not get Quorn as a regular item - My daughter is veggie for last 2 visits and does have problems but most places are Ok and will leave stuff off if you ask. Only problem is that they seem to use beef stock in the soups and not vegetable. Sweet tomatoes are really good at labeling stuff and soup - Their mushroom soup was not vegetarian and it said so.
    Mannys did up a selection of vegetable and onions etc to go in Fajitas. - didn;t charge for the full dish either as they were just the fixins !!!
    Some places think you are really strange asking . I think Mimis was good for her too. Its by the Loop or in Mall at Millenia.
    SHe will find loads to eat and there is always pizza or pasta if you are stuck
    Disney Beaches and Cream in the Beach club do a great vegetarian burger and the parks have similar ones- she especially liked one in backlot express near indiana jones in Hollywood studios.
    Alison
    Last edited by allyjack; 19-02-2012 at 20:57.

The best selection of quorn products was at whole foods supermarket on sand lake road - they have absolutely loads.
    Last edited by caroline; 19-02-2012 at 23:35.
    Caroline & Dave

My eldest daughter has asked me to point out, as a vegetarian and avid lover of Baked Beans - BEWARE. Baked Beans in America always seem to have pork products in them. We searched in vain for just a tin of beans.
    Dave.

Another vote for Sweet Tomatoes even Rob who does not do salads loves Sweet TomatoesT.
    Jan & Rob

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    My eldest daughter has asked me to point out, as a vegetarian and avid lover of Baked Beans - BEWARE. Baked Beans in America always seem to have pork products in them. We searched in vain for just a tin of beans.
    Publix usually have Heinz (imported) baked beans - but at a riduculous price. Best to take some with you.
    Scorpio