Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toilet talk

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh my gosh!
    blott

yeah right-o chris, we believe you.

Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    it was a genuine mistake made my mates laugh though
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    You wanna take those shades off before you get yourself into any more trouble!
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Chrisj

We find it fun and now quite natural slipping into "American speak" when we go to the US it's alot easier than trying to speak French or Spanish!!
    Going back to the toilet, loo, bathroom , restroom topic, the first time we went to WDW we were waiting outside the restrooms for my sister when a man came out of the gents and his wife said very loudly in a srong Southern US accent "Did you have a good dump honey?", they then went on to discuss his bowel habits in full hearing of everyone else.
    To this day when we go to WDW and use the Bathroom loo etc etc my niece who is a very good mimic will repeat those words as we emerge. Needless to say we all try to nip away when she is not watching..she is 21 today ( happy birthday Soph) so maybe now her behaviour will improve!!

Liz

One of the funny things happened recently when we were choosing the options for our new house, the sales person left a message on the voicemail to say,

"Forgot to ask would you like us to place the lavatory you asked for in the garage, as it can go no where else"

We thought what was she on about, we had asked for a sink to be placed in the utility room... ended up laughing with the sales person because apparantly a lavatory in usa means a basin, esp...when we told her about the uk meaning.

Mark

Florida Expert
    Things are going down the pan [msnscared][msnscared]

Florida Chatterbox
    The different words for things didn't strike me as much as the politeness!!!!!

I used to live and now work in the retail trade in a very well to do commuter town in the Hertfordshire, (between luton and St Albans) and what strikes me is that no one has the manners to say please or thank you, they don't smile, they have no common courtesy at all. (apart from a few) and this goes across all ages.

The first time I came back from Orlando I was amazed just how miserable the English are and I was really fed up for a few weeks

Before all the Brits on the forum send the heavies round[msnwink] just think of the difference yourselves perhaps, it is just me?
    Anita

do you know!!!that i have thought the same thing as well, not all but so many people are miserable and just plain rude, in the UK.
    in the USA it seems to matter to the shop workers and the park workers "you have a good day now ya hear" they seem to genuinely mean it!!!!!!!
    and to call me ma'am well royalty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![msnwink]
    Liesa