Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Young Drivers Package

Young Drivers Package

Hi

I've booked a car and selected the young driver's package because my son (21) will be driving it occasionally. However it seems to insist he is named as the lead driver, and I think therefore that the credit card we will need to register on collection needs to be in his name.

The reality is that I will be the lead driver and I would rather use my own credit card. Have I done something wrong in the booking process?
    Tonish

Administrator
    This is correct, the Young Driver has to be the lead driver. You can still pay on your card, but he must use his card as security deposit on collection. A Debit card will be OK if you also show a return flight ticket.

Thanks Roger. How much do they normally lock off on the card for the security deposit? He doesn't exactly have a huge credit limit on his card. I've already paid the rental cost in full.
    Tonish

Administrator
    Often they block nothing off the card, but you should expect between $250 and $500.

Florida Savvy
    Hi there, we had exactly the same dilemma last October , they didn't lock anything off as we checked online and nothing was held, we also phoned Alamo who put us through to mco desk and asked if we could pay a cash deposit and they told us to come to the desk and they would sort it for us, when we arrived we explained to the assistant and they said just use the card it s only a swipe and nothing would be held, if we had any charges on return we could pay cash or use another card! Hope this helps! Ps , just incase your worrying about your son driving for first time! Don't! I was surprised at how easily my son managed! And it was great as it meant that occasionally I could have a lovely margarrita with my meal!!!
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Newbie
    Hello

My daughter is 19 and she has her Irish full driving licence and I am wondering can she drive a rental car in Orlando
    Or can she be a name driver on say my rental or my hubby's

REGINA
    Regina Whelan

Florida Newbie
    Hi

Is it the same for a 19 year. I thought that if you are a non US resident that you cannot drive under the age of 23 years. Perhaps thats if the person is renting in their name (i.e 19yr.)
    If a parent rents the car can the child be a name driver???

REGINA
    Regina Whelan

Florida Newbie
    hi i am going to orlando in august for two weeks from 26th till september 09/09/2012 i am only 24 and cant decide between renting a luxary suv or a convetable but i want either a escalade or the mustang but on us car hire for the alamo rentals which seem to be the best luxary suvs are not coming up for the dates i want and convertable are saying mustang or simaler is there any way to book the exact car i want? and a bit worried about the young drivers cover if there are any other charges for any thing once i try and collect the car can anyone help please?