Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying things on-line from Walmart website?

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We tried to use our UK credit card, but coudn't. Used pay pal with no problem for pick up at the 192 Walmart
    Lyn

Purchased a load of stuff online before our last visit for store pickup and used Paypal. No problems at all and it was all there waiting for us when we arrived. Unfortunately forgot to take photo ID with me on the first visit and had to go back with passport later that day.

Apart from that it was all very efficient and worked out cheaper then buying off the shelf for the bedding I wanted.

Florida Chatterbox
    Sounds good, did you have to take a copy of the email or was passport /photo id sufficient.

Niece wants me to get her some fat quarters for quilting, they didn't have a lot of choice last year so if she can choose what she wants then that would be better.

Florida Chatterbox
    Have placed an order for a dvd as a trial run. Was surprised at the estimated time of pick up - Mar 2 - but on printing out the confirmation I found that you don't need to take the email with you, the order number with photo id is OK. You just need to confirm who is going to pick up item.

Don't have to take the tablet now, so one less thing to pack. Result.

Back to finish off packing now. Flying tomorrow....yipee!

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
    They always have them is store - I'd wait, see the local Walmart first and they can always get them to the store, if needed, in a few days.
    We did look in the stores but couldn't see any, when we asked at the desk the assistant said that if they weren't on shelves they didn't have them.
    Tried on-line but they were out of stock. Found them eventually in Super Target on OBT. Afterwards we saw them in Bass Road Walmart as well.

Florida Chatterbox
    Update - I ordered another two dvd's after we arrived and paid with PayPal. Later I decided to do a larger order and then it all went wrong. I didn't fill in the address in Walmart.com and because it was a large amount it was rejected and my PayPal has been frozen. Took me 2 days to sort this out with Walmart. First call centre person had sight of my UK address and said the order was going through, second person told me it was blocked which is what my PayPal account said. She suggested I buy a gift card for order amount and place order again. Bit dubious but it worked. The new order were delivered before the ones I ordered using PayPal.

So anyone who wants something delivered quickly that's the way I'd recommend to pay.

Florida Chatterbox
    Walmart seem to be very lax in delivering to addresses other than the billing address. Someone used my credit card fraudulently to get an Xbox from Walmart delivered to an address in New Orleans. It happened just after we had stayed in a hotel in New Orleans. I check my credit card account online regularly while travelling, so I was able to get the charge reversed very quickly. But it does make you wonder how careful they are.