Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying things on-line from Walmart website?

Florida Chatterbox

Buying things on-line from Walmart website?

My sister wants to replace her DS Lite when we go out next week. I've been looking at website and it appears that we may have to order it on-line for instore delivery.

Has anyone done this using a UK credit card and if so how easy was it to do?

We're staying in a villa and won't have access to a printer, I suppose I could take my laptop if I manage to get by the purchase stage successfully.

They always have them is store - I'd wait, see the local Walmart first and they can always get them to the store, if needed, in a few days.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bargainqueen View Post
    My sister wants to replace her DS Lite when we go out next week. I've been looking at website and it appears that we may have to order it on-line for instore delivery.

Has anyone done this using a UK credit card and if so how easy was it to do?

We're staying in a villa and won't have access to a printer, I suppose I could take my laptop if I manage to get by the purchase stage successfully.
    It's easy to order online now with Walmart as you can pay by Paypal so they have no idea which country the credit card is from. We have done several times and had things shipped to various States either to addresses or to pick up in store. My daughter had some stuff delivered to the Cagans crossing store at Christmas with no trouble.

I wouldnt take a laptop just or that as you can print out at the library easily.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Savvy
    Hi there, hope this helps, I ordered phones from Walmart before we travelled last octobet and they were delivered to our resort the day after we arrived, paid through PayPal , no problems what so ever and very straightforward!
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I order online very often and have it delivered to store for pick up. I pay by paypal and it's very straightforward. they send you a e-mail once it's ready for pick up.

You can use the printer at Cagans Crossing library on the US27 just opposite Walmart for free. You get 1/2 hour free internet access and it's 10 cents per black and white print

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
    They always have them is store - I'd wait, see the local Walmart first and they can always get them to the store

Unfortunately I'm not near to the US27 so I'm going to test my tablet to see if I can access my emails off-line, that should be easier to take into a store than this laptop.

Thanks for the replies, my niece may want me to get her some patchwork quarters, she can pick out the one's she wants and then I can order them. So much easier than showing her what I'd managed to buy via Skype

I have ordered from Walmart on several occasions picked up in store or had delivered to my Florida Management, used a UK credit card with not a problem.
    Val

Florida Chatterbox
    Wal-mart told me the following a few years ago: You can pay in-store with a UK registered card since you are physically within the United States. My understanding is that for online payments (if you need delivery), only US cards with a US registered address are accepted. I was told that this was something to do with the US Patriot Act and identifying the source of funds. Other posters are spot on that Paypal gets around the problem (as Paypal do the Act's required identification work). Don't know if this is correct but it seems to make sense.

How do you get around the billing address, as they only give an option for USA address, if the address does not match the card it will decline. I know you can get around the zip code by entering a certain number sequence (does not always work) but you have to list a state. Really interested what you enter too get around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I have ordered from Walmart on several occasions picked up in store or had delivered to my Florida Management, used a UK credit card with not a problem.
    Val

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    How do you get around the billing address, as they only give an option for USA address, if the address does not match the card it will decline. I know you can get around the zip code by entering a certain number sequence (does not always work) but you have to list a state. Really interested what you enter too get around that.
    Martin , a long time ago I used to be able to order onliine with my UK card with Walmart if I put my full billing adress in as the UK and then put the zip code and state for my address in FLorida and then chose that or my MC address as the shipping address.
    They stopped that and it wasn't possible for a few years to order but then they started to accept Paypal which will allow you to ship to addresses other than the registered billing.
    Between us my daughter and I have used Walmart online and shipped to Florida, Ohio and Mass with no problem, as well as collecting in store.
    Babblin Boo