Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: BA v Iberia

BA v Iberia

Hi
    I'm just looking into flights for end of oct / beginning of Nov and planning on going with BA from glasgow via gatwick.

I'm getting some results back for an Iberia flight at 11.20am from Gatwick and arrives at MCO at 15.35 whilst the BA flight leaves at 11.40 and arrives at 17.30.

Anyone know how Iberia manage to shave approx 1hr 30 off the flight? Also, anyone flown with Iberia? I know they are part of BA but not sure how good they are.

Thanks
    Julie

I have flown with both.they offered excellent service not much difference between the two, I would fly with Iberia again but my first choice would be BA every time.
    Barbara

The BA timings on that flight are odd (to say the least !!)
    The flight to MCO from LGW is about 9 hours (give or take).
    The Iberia flight time of 9hrs 15mins is about right,
    the BA flight of 10hours 50mins is just too long !!!
    Something's not right somewhere.....

Just had a look @ the BA website which gives the flight time as 9hrs 50mins for a takeoff @ 11:40 / arrival @ 17:30 !!!
    HOWEVER, the timings may be due to the clocks changing on different days either side of the pond....
    Someone bright should be able to clear up this one ?????
    Last edited by msmiff; 11-02-2012 at 23:04. Reason: new thoughts...

Gold 5 Star Member
    Firstly, you're actually looking at the same flight which is operated by BA under their joint agreement with Iberia and American. The BA flight number is BA2037 but it is also IB4679 and AA6206. It looks like Iberia have chosen to show a slightly different departure time but that isn't unusual.

As msmiff has astutely figured out, what looks like a big difference in flight duration is down to BST ending on 28 October 2012 so, while the flight leaves LGW at the same UK clock time, it's actually an extra hour different in Orlando that weekend although the various airlines don't all seem to have reflected that in their arrival times yet!

Incidentally, it's fairly common for the fares to be a bit different with each airline so I'd suggest you check all 3 to see who is offering the cheapest for what of course is exactly the same thing.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 12-02-2012 at 05:44.

Excellent replies, thanks so much everyone. Good to know that it's all the same flight, saves 1 dilemma at least!

I'm trying really hard to be patient and wait till June/July before I book anything as going by previous posts on here, there may be a BA sale on then! It's a long time away tho!