Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car hire advise please!!

Florida Junior

Car hire advise please!!

Hi guys, We are going to florida for 6 and a half weeks in the summer(yippee!!!) and we need to hire a 7 seater. because its for a longer period of time we are trying to be very careful money wise sooo my question is this- to book with dollar for this period to go inclusive rather than gold(which we usually do) is saving us £200 but we know we will have to pay for first tank of fuel when we pick the car up and prices are at dollars discretion, does anyone know what kind of prices they charge for their fuel? I dont mind not driving while we are there (my husband is always the main driver) but if the fuel charge is going to be really high then i dont know if I should just book the gold to begin with? Please help!!

Thankyou!

Mel x

Florida Expert
    Hi Mel,
    we paid $70 in November for the fuel off Dollar so I would say it is going to be cheaper to take the silver option if you only have the one driver
    Wish I was going for that period!!
    Eric

Florida Junior
    Thanks Eric we were looking for a rough figure so that helps lots! Thanks!
    Mel
    melanie morrison

Administrator
    Bear in mind that our Silver option with Alamo incudes 2 drivers and also with our Alamo Silver option you can take the car back with a full tank to avoid the refueling charge. This is most likely the most cost effective option nowadays.

Florida Chatterbox
    We always make sure we take the car back with a full tank of petrol.
    Hazel.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Bear in mind that our Silver option with Alamo incudes 2 drivers and also with our Alamo Silver option you can take the car back with a full tank to avoid the refueling charge. This is most likely the most cost effective option nowadays.
    I had to pre-pay the take of fuel with Alamo on silver option when I picked the car up at MCO in sept. they told me that I couldn't return it full?? I didn't think it seemed right at the time but didn't argue as too tired!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm not sure if you can book 6 1/2 straight weeks with the car hir (it used to be something liek 30 days) but you may find even if you can than it works out the same to book 2 consectutive rental (change the car on the 192 and you may save some airport taxes), if you go for the Gold option as that way you will get 2 tanks of fuel included in the cost. Going for that length of time, if you don't mind driving I would defintely say have 2 drivers on the rental as there are bound to be times you or some of the party might want to break off from the rest , or pick up groceries, rather than have one person have the burden of driving, as it's their holiday too.
    Babblin Boo

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    That used to be the case with Alamo, but for orders picking up on or after 1st April 2012, it has changed so you collect with a full tank and return with a full tank. See our FAQ at http://www.uscarhire.com/faq-hire-types.aspx#16 for full details.
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieW View Post
    I had to pre-pay the take of fuel with Alamo on silver option when I picked the car up at MCO in sept. they told me that I couldn't return it full?? I didn't think it seemed right at the time but didn't argue as too tired!

Quote Originally Posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk View Post
    That used to be the case with Alamo, but for orders on or after 1st April 2012, it has changed so you collect with a full tank and return with a full tank. See our FAQ at http://www.uscarhire.com/faq-hire-types.aspx#16 for full details.
    Aww that's good news, many thanks for the info.

Administrator
    Just to clarify, you can return with a full tank on orders collecting on or after 1st April, even if you ordered before that date.