Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xmas 2012

Florida Newbie

Red face Xmas 2012

[clap] we r going to Florida for Xmas 2012 and want to no can I get a fruit Christmas cake and Christmas pudding in fl or would I b able to take one with us.

Super Moderator
    We have always taken Christmas cake and Christmas puddings with us when visiting for Christmas as we have not seen traditional UK style cakes and puds in the shops. If you are making the puddings then you should not make them with beef suet use either vegetable suet or eg Stork marg as beef products cannot be taken through. We also used to take homemade mincemeat to make some pies as well. I did send my recipes through to the relevant government department and got the okay to take them before doing so.

We take a traditional Christmas cake, Christmas pudding and mince pies when we visit Florida at Christmas. As Jill posted providing you buy products not containing beef suet . You shouldn't have a problem. Also we always declare the products at customs to be on the safe side .
    Barbara

We took christmas pudding and pies, with us. We took ones from m&s and they were all stamped as vegetarian. Forgot the cake and was unable to find one in Orlando, never eat any usually at Christmas but because I didn't have one I kept wanting a slice. American customs site has a list of permitted and non permitted goods, which was very helpful.
    Jan

There is a lovely bakery called Perfect Pies down the 27, we met them at a Brits in America November 5th party. Perhaps they might be making such things for Chrismas. They are just beside the Red Roof Motel, sorry I have all their details in Florida and am home in the UK right now.

Andrena

We will be out early November so will check out the bakery and post any information.

Andrena

Well that is us booked for 7th November and it just seems too far away, first time we have not been over in the Spring, but due to various family commitments that just hasn't been possible this year. Still we will be there until the end of January and with the family arriving for Christmas everything will be just great.
    We will just have to make do with Austria in June and London in September to keep us going.

Andrena

Florida Newbie
    There used to be a shop in Old Town that sold English products (Heinz beans etc) but I can't remember it's name. Maybe anothe rmembe rhere knows them better and if they stock up for "Brit Christmas"?

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Can't remember seeing that shop recently, think it may have closed.
    Lyn

The perfect pie company do lovely mince pies at Christmas
    Lynne