Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Last Minute Winter Break

Last Minute Winter Break

Back home and Paper caught up at work.

I made a last minute trip down to Fort Myers for 10 days and wow nice weather. My brother bought a condo down in Lehigh Acres before Christmas and he needed help getting set up for his Winter Rentals. I Flew out of my Home town to Toronto and making a connecting flight from Toronto down to Fort Myers (meeting with my Brother and mother in Toronto for connecting flight) Well low and behold i had a great Trip but my brothers was interesting. He called me after i landed in Toronto to tell me that he and my mother will not make the connecting flight since his was cancelled from his hometown due to a snow storm. Well i was on my own not knowing where i was going or how to get to his place. He called the condo community and had a key for me when i was to arrive and a limo drive to his place. i landed at his new condo and he was still trying to get off the ground back home LOL.

I walked thru the doors of his new Condo and thought to myself what the heck did he buy!!

I got busy turning on water, power and cleaned a bathroom and made beds since my wife sent me down with 7 sets of bed clothes for the beds for him since he needed 2 sets of sheets for each bed in order to rent. I then got busy getting his car going. He drove it down and left it in the car port when he had the closing of his sale. I then went to the local Super Wall mart to get some groceries and supplies. i had bought food Patio chairs BBQs and of beer. i get everything in the car and by now its dark. i go to start the car and no GO. ah Crap. a car full of stuff and a memory in daylight on a route back to his condo with no GPS. After a few trys and some kind words the car went. I got out of there quick in case she stopped. LOL a quick drive thru the local wendys for a burger and a drive home that was pretty good considering i was paying attention to the route i took to get there.

When i got into the Condo i heard Water Running ah no not again. the Water heater blew up. LOL a Quick Beer and to the neighbors next door for help. they helped me shut the water off and a plumber was called and he arrived there within 10 minutes later and all fixed up with a bill of $208.00. i told him leave a bill and i will give my brother when he arrives, he said he wasnt leaving till he got paid. So i gave him my credit card and he was gone. I got busy thinking wow my brother got lucky with me coming first Groceries, Patio Furniture, BBQ, and a repairs to a water heater. that deserves a couple more beers. LOL

I soon went to bed and was awaken at midnight with my brother and mother waking me up. they got a flight out direct to Fort Lauderdale and the Flight company hired a limo driver to drive them straight to his condo. but on their drive to His condo the driver got caught speeding. My brother thought what else could go wrong on his vacation LOL i told him have a beer it will help keep his energy up for all the painting we had to do. LOL

I told him i will give him the first 2 days of painting and cleaning and the rest to enjoy. Well worked well all three of us had painted every ceiling Wall doors and baseboards, Lania, carpets shampooed and windows cleaned and the whole condo was ready to rent.

While i was there we rented a party boat at Salty sams for the day at a Cost Of $129.00 and a tank of gas which was pretty good divided up among 6 of us. My aunt and uncle came down from Port Charlotte to enjoy. I found it pretty quiet here compared to Orlando and a lot less to shop at. There was an Outlet mall but not as good as orlando. There was also another Condo 4 sale in his community but i am not 100% set on this area. my wife and i still prefer Calabay Parc. I had a good excuse not to buy since we bought a new summer home august 2011 and want to wait a yr to pay off before we decide on a vacation villa.
    On my return home our flights to Toronto were together and i got my connecting flight right home. and his luck they couldn't get out till the following day due to flight problems. Wow am i glad i live in a different province.

while we were there i helped my brother install some security cameras in his condo for him to check on with his internet back home. Low and be hold he called me on the weekend to tell me his cameras are working really good. He had left a key to his Condo with his neigbor to keep an eye and help with his place. I guess their really comfortable. He checked his camera on sunday and saw his neighbor in his condo doing their Laundry. His Renters were arriving today which turns out to be his friends back home.

Another reason why i like Orlando . 6 weeks and we are back in Orlando. we again are in Calabay Parc. We have 2 houses rented one behind the other with our friends staying in one. Thanks again Caroline for helping us get them so close together.
    Randy Johnston

Sounds a busy time Randy - but it makes it easier when the sun is shining - thanks for the report
    Dawn Murray

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sounds fun, I suspect first thing your brother will be thinking about next time is getting his key back off the neighbour Didn't take them long to take advantage did it? At least he can see if they let their family or friends stay there when they visit.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Junior
    Flordia has had a great winter temps this yr, The last two yrs. it was pretty cool to cold during the xmas holidays. Love FM, much happiness with your brothers condo.

What a coincince as we have guests in our home for 6 weeks from Prince Edward Island, and not having heard Prince Edward Island mentoned very much, then I read you post and noticed that is where you are from.

Hi Michelle,

I am from New Glasgow Prince Edward Island about 5 minutes from Anne of Green Gables House (Cavendish).

I probably know your guests, I own 2 big businesses in the city of Charlottetown and they are quite known for the services we provide.
    Randy Johnston

I didn't know that you could rent the villas for 6 weeks. It must be very costly. I thought short term was up to 2 weeks. I guess thats something new i learnt today.
    Randy Johnston

'Short term' can be up to 6 months! Although anything from a week to a couple of months is more 'normal'
    Caroline & Dave

Oh how I wish it could be longer than 2 weeks ..... dream, dream, dream ....
    Wendy