Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car hire experience

Florida Newbie

Car hire experience

After reading on here about all the good experiences with US carhire, we took the plunge and booked an intermediate car for our trip, only two of us, so intermediate car would be fine.
    However after reading more posts about fastpass at orlando, and the requirment was to book at least a full size car to be able to use the fastpass system, so we upgraded to a full size car and paid the additional fee.
    It has been said on here that others have been unable to use fastpass, but on the other hand others have been successful.
    Anyway we pre registered with alamo prior to departure.
    Well we arrive at orlando, and guess what? The fastpass isn't allowing us to log in and we have to queue for an agent at the desk.
    Now this is where it gets interesting, he tells us "international travellers are unable to use the fastpass" he's adamant it will never work with a GB traveller.
    He also tells us that fastpass,when accessible, will work with ANY size of vehicle.
    In addition he pointed out that our voucher was for a standard car and not a full size, finally he was surprised that renters where being given the option of booking either a 2 or 4 door car, when in fact it is very rare for there to be any 2 door cars ever available.
    The guy on the desk was very good, and did all he could to resolve our issues, but there was no doubting his displeasure in some of the info we where given, and to be honest I feel much the same.

I hope you had the presence of mind to take his name.

I think once Roger (from UScarhire ) sees this post he will want to ensure that this employee does not give customers wrong information again and has some quick retraining.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Administrator
    I'm sorry to hear about that. Problems now are few and far between when using the kiosks (we did have some teething troubles when we first started using them). Did you definately pre-register in advance? It is the case that all car types are now available to use for the kiosks, but only if booked after around a week or so ago.

Did you get the name of the staff member, as this is a training issue. Some staff members must be struggling to get to grips with the fact that the kiosksare available and in the next week or so, all vouchers will specifically state that the kiosks are included.

Please email us with your order number and details so we can pass your complaint on to Alamo.

We never mis-sell anything to our customers and I can assure you that the system is available to our customers, and as I have stated on another post, if ever you have a problem please ask for the manager on duty, and note the name of the staff member.

Administrator
    Just to add, they are correct that there are very few 2 door cars in the fleet, so if you book a 2 door with us then the likelihood is that you will be upgraded to a 4 door at no cost, but obviously we cannot guarantee that as there may be rare cases that you do actually get a 2 door.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We like 2 door cars..so always book them...can't say ending up with a 4 door is much of a problem..I have to say I love the car hire on this site..any problems we have had have been out of the hands of uscarhire being our own mistakes or the fact we get useless counter staff..I rec this car hire really highly and as most people know I'm hard to please ...

Having read the OP's and the experience of others, it appears that Alamo haven't trained all their employees regarding the arangement they have between themselves and US car hire. There is obviously an issue that needs resolving as this is not an isolated incident. Asking for individuals names can only make this situation worse for renters, After all they are only doing a job and I find it hard to believe that there is a band of employees stiring the pot against US car hire and its customers. It's an Alamo issue that US care hire need to keep on top of.

Dave

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Believe me, we are on top of it and Alamo know all about our concerns and have worked hard to get the few remaining staff issues addressed.

What you don't see here is the 99%+ of our customers who have had a flawless experience using the kiosks. As is usual with forums, all you see is people who have had issues. That's not to say we don't take the issues very seriously, of course we do, and we're constantly working to ensure things run smoothly for every customer who tries to use the kiosks.

As Roger has mentioned, we now have specific text on all Alamo vouchers that will alert the staff at the pickup location and I know Alamo have been speaking to their staff about it as well.

Also, we have found quite a few customers who have had problems with the kiosks never signed up to Alamo Save Time before they travelled (the is a general comment and not aimed at anyone who has posted on here), so the kiosks will never have worked for them. There is now a very specific note about this on the voucher so customers are made as fully aware of the need for this as we possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
    It's an Alamo issue that US care hire need to keep on top of.

Dave

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Now getting confusing!! I have "never" used the kiosk.

When we get the voucher emailed from US Car Hire, I register it on the Alamo site & print off all relevant info.

On arrival at MCO we go straight to the Alamo car park. (don't go near kiosks or counter) Ask a member of staff which lane for the 7 seater's. Go & select a car.

Once selected & luggage & kids on board, drive to the exit. Show voucher/licences, etc were on our way[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]. Simple painless & (so far) never a problem.

We have now done this the last 5/6 visits. As John has said you only tend hear the negative comments, so as a positive we rate US Car Hire 99.9999999%.

Keep up the great work you might get to the 100%[msnwink][msnwink]
    mike

Administrator
    This is usually OK to do when booking through us (as long as you have pre-registered) and most people are fine, but sometimes if particularly busy they may send you back to the kiosk which is then a bit more of a hassle as you have to go back to the main terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by freddiehollie View Post
    Now getting confusing!! I have "never" used the kiosk.

When we get the voucher emailed from US Car Hire, I register it on the Alamo site & print off all relevant info.

On arrival at MCO we go straight to the Alamo car park. (don't go near kiosks or counter) Ask a member of staff which lane for the 7 seater's. Go & select a car.

Once selected & luggage & kids on board, drive to the exit. Show voucher/licences, etc were on our way[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]. Simple painless & (so far) never a problem.

We have now done this the last 5/6 visits. As John has said you only tend hear the negative comments, so as a positive we rate US Car Hire 99.9999999%.

Keep up the great work you might get to the 100%[msnwink][msnwink]

I'm sorry to hear you have experienced problems.

I book car hire through uscarhire for all of my trips (3 or 4 a year) and have done so for years. I have never experienced any problems on arrival apart from once in Miami when an agent allocated me a smaller SUV than we had booked. Got it sorted at the desk without too much of a problem but had to involve a manager. I took the agents name (didn't have to ask as it was on her badge) and reported the issue to John & Roger.

I've have been using the Alamo kiosks since the option became available and have never had a problem.
    Jim