Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 4th july

Florida Junior

4th july

We have been quite a few times through the 4th of July but have yet to find something exciting to do. What would you recommend for typical american 4th of July celebrations?
    Mel x

Gold 5 Star Member
    Kissimmee Lakefront park and Celebration both run events for the locals/visitors free of charge but you may need to check out parking. I think they both still finish with firework displays.
    Mt. Dora and Downtown Orlando both have concerts/displays as well.
    I would sugest signing up with one of the local papaers for their newsletters so you get details as soon as they are announced and can check them out before you go.
    Last edited by steph_goodrum; 28-01-2012 at 07:51.
    Babblin Boo

wrpac00
    Personally I wouldn't bother with Celebration. Been a few times but last year it was heaving and not very pleasurable, at 7:30 the cars were backed up to the 192.

We had friends who went to Celebration on 4th July last year and had a hoot!! It was a seventies / eighties themed night and they started with a buffet dinner in Antonios where they teamed up with some locals dressed in all the gear, leg warmers, lycra etc.

They recommended it to us for this year as we will be there on the 4th.

I do, however, appreciate that it gets busy and you need to plan dining in advance and arrive early.

Liz

I would suggest whatever you decide to do on the 4th July in Florida . You plan ahead as most popular venues wil be extremely busy.
    Barbara

Florida Junior
    thanks for all your replies guys! Really helpful, will defiantly look into the paper idea thanks!! xx
    melanie morrison