Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will I ever find a villa!!

Will I ever find a villa!!

LOl as the title says - having real probs finding a villa this year. Having been a few times now I have some specific things I'd like and communities that I would prefer to be in and we had found the perfect one but alas lost it cos I couldn't make a decision before I spoke to my cousin.
    Now back to square one!!
    I really wanted to book one from one of the villa owners on here this year cos everyone is so lovely but just not seen anything that meets what we are looking for. All the ones I have liked are booked for our dates- I really wish I had started the search earlier- a lesson learned!!
    Ah well just got to keep searching I suppose. Sorry for my grumbles just wanted to share- LOL

I guess when you find something you really want you should go for it! I'm sure there is a lovely villa out there that will suit you down to the ground Lynnroy. There are lots of great homes on this site and you can book with confidence as all owners are verified on a regular basis.

Hope you find something suitable and have a great holiday!
    Jim

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Sorry you're haing so much trouble finding a villa but there are so many on here that I'm sure you'll get one [msnsmile] Are you goin peak season?

Sandra
    Sandra

As you've found out, many of the homes do get booked well in advance so snap one up when you see it! I'm sure you will find something though, so don't give up hope! Have you tried a request on both the sites, OrlandoVillas and OrlandoVillaRentals?

Good luck.
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know this might be a dumb question but have you tried emailing out an enquiry through the sites linked at the top of the forums?

If you put into the comments all the things you are looking for, and also add a note to say that you don't want any replies if the villa doesn't meet your requirements, or perhaps doesn't come close to them depending on how flexible you want to be, you should only receive replies from owners who are available for your dates and with villas that match what you are after.

At least that's the theory. If you get any replies that are blatently not a match, John and Roger the website owners, are usually keen to hear as they, and we, want to make this easy for you - and that means you not having to read through dozens of replies that aren't even close to what you are looking for.

I'm sure you'll find the perfect place, and if you send an enquiry or two you're getting us to do the work for you.
    Steve

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We're always very keen to hear about that kind of thing as we try and provide a first class service to guests and owners letting us down by not following the simple rules about replying only when it's relevant is not tolerated. It gives us a bad name and annoys the guest who then has to spend more time weeding though unnecessary replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    If you get any replies that are blatently not a match, John and Roger the website owners, are usually keen to hear

Yes we are going peak time- not been in July before and had not idea the villas would book up so quickly- I didn't send an enquiry asking for specific things I wanted I more just sent enquires to the villas I liked on the communities I wanted.
    One thing I think would help was if the website showed availabilty calenders which would help narrow down the search and save sending emails to villas that aren't available.
    I spend a lot of time looking last night and found a few I thought might be suitable- sadly not from the OV websites though.
    There are some gorgeous villas on the OV website and if its wasn't for wanting to be in a specific area I would have got one no problem I'm sure.
    And I am probably being daft not considering other areas but as its going to our last time going for a few years anyway I wanted to go with an area we knew and we liked.

Narrowing yourself down to one location for peak dates is going to be tough. Peak dates book up to 12 months or more in advance. I believe we do have availability calendars. I would send out a enquiry specifically asking for a reply from those with availability only. If no good expand your location search there are plenty of fabulous subdivisions to chose from.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Some owners do, but a lot choose not to (us included). There are some very good reasons why a villa owner may choose not to show availability which I won't go into here.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnroy View Post
    One thing I think would help was if the website showed availabilty calenders which would help narrow down the search and save sending emails to villas that aren't available.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Good luck with your search Lynn
    Jan&Steve