Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: too soon to start planning ?????????????

Florida Chatterbox
    thanks everyone for your responses and although disheartening to think that a villas we would have booked would no longer be owned by that person it is something i hadnt thought of.
    am still going to start planning and have started my countdown clock .
    karen

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's never too early and enjoy planning. We have bookings for 2013 and given our guests some flexibility as flights have not released yet. Popular, well maintained villas do get booked early. For us personally and am sure can speak for most owners on here, we have a strong rental business and have invested heavily in our villa over the years and we have no intention of selling. Good luck in your search and welcome.
    Jan&Steve

Florida Savvy
    Quote " For us personally and am sure can speak for most owners on here, we have a strong rental business and have invested heavily in our villa over the years and we have no intention of selling. Good luck in your search and welcome"

I am sure your intentions of not selling are well founded but i stand by my earlier posting in that you or I dont know whats round the corner in terms of employment, illness, relationships, air fares etc, 2 yesrs is a long time to gaurantee to someone that everything will be the same as today.

And sods law since my posting we have today taken a booking for March 2014 !!!!, like you we have no intention of selling but I just think its to far in advance but we will take their booking and hopefully they will have a great vacation in our home, as i said before Karen by all means make your plans but just maybe have a plan B up your sleeve.

You could say that about anything in life though, cash. Why put money away for a pension ... I may never be able to collect it; I don't think I'll buy a car today as I'm sure I'll be dead by tomorrow ... etc, etc, etc

While none of us can crystal ball gaze, many villas are bought and sold with reservations in place, just like any business. If the villa is sold and then not being used for rental I would expect a full refund of your deposit and any moneys paid. The problem with unexpected events in our life is that they are just that, unexpected. My villa could crumble to dust tomorrow ... so could one of the Disney hotels. The booking being in two days, two years or twenty years time will not change that. If you have issues when you have booked you have the usual means for recourse and you are always recommended to have travel insurance in place for your vacations.

So, while I don't necessarily disagree with cash and Katy's Grandad's advice, I do think it is a bit melodramatic. Sensible research and consideration of any travel plans is always advisable. Oh, and on a personal note, obviously cash isn't looking for bookings for 2014 ... however ... if you would like to book a villa ... ahem [msnwink] (hehehe - bet I get my wrists slapped for self-promotion!!).
    Euan

Eun - consider yourself "slapped"!!!

Florida Chatterbox
    thanks for responses and food for thought and even a little smile for the slapped comment .
    karen
    karen

Planning is all part of the fun and you have 2 years of fun to look forward to.
    Hazel Coates

In my view it is never too early to start planning. Enjoy looking at all the lovely villas that are available and if one takes your fancy go for it. Who knows what the future will bring. I do though know that I have eleven weeks rented out for the forseeable future from guests who have been renting our villa for years and intend to do so for as long as possible. If they are unable to come for some reason I am confident that the weeks will go to someone else.
    Planning should be part of the fun and add value for money to your trip. A holiday is not just the time you are away but the time leading up to it and telling your stories and showing your photos once you get back.

Florida Chatterbox
    glad we are starting to get organised and start planning .think it may have been a good job as weve had a little surprise last few weeks and need to look for extra space now :-)
    karen

Daisy does that mean there is going to be an addition to your family? if so congratulations to you both.
    Barbara