Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: too soon to start planning ?????????????

Florida Chatterbox

too soon to start planning ?????????????

hi we are planning a trip for 2014 and just wondered when the best time to start looking for flights / villas etc as i know some villas become booked up early on . i know 2014 seems a long way off but i like to be organised lol..
    we went to florida in 2005 to get married and will be going back with our 2 lovely children so it will be very special for us.
    many thanks in advance for replies
    x
    karen

Its never too soon, get your count down clock set and get planning. It's too early to book flights but you can start looking around to see when the sales are on and what sort of discounts are on offer. As for the villa, you can usually book them well in advance so as soon as you have your dates, you can start to make enquiries and get the one you want booked. It is also easier to spread the costs if you pay as you go along, rather than having to pay for everything in one go. Enjoy planning, it will soon come around.

Diane.[msncool]
    Diane.

Hi Karen as Diane has said its best you secure the villa you like now and then all you need to do is wait until the flight prices are released.

Enjoy the planning as it adds to the magic of going to Orlando,

Regards, Mark.

Never too early to book your chosen villa.Then you know the villa you want and your dates are secure. Part of the excitement and pleasure is planning your holiday and definitely helps to keep the momentum high.
    Good luck
    Barbara

As you have said, some villas do get booked well in advance and we have bookings in place for 2014. For guests booking so far in advance, we usually try and give them a few days either side so they have a little flexibility when flights are eventually released, so ask any owners of villas you are interested in if they can offer any flexibility for you. It's not always possible, especially during popular times, but if you are planning to book flights early too, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Have fun planning!
    Sarah

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I just took a booking for Oct 2013 from guests we had stay in October and they want to know they have our home booked. It's something to plan and look forward to and snd most owners would be happy to book a few days either side until a bit nearer to the time.

Sandra
    Sandra

We are going again in October this year and we re-booked the villa when we got back from our last holiday in 2009, it seemed like such a long time to wait but only 260 days to go now.
    Wendy

Florida Savvy
    I dont want to put a dampner on this but one thing I would say is in todays enviroment no one knows whats going to happen in 2 years time, owners who have a villa now may come to sell it if they need to or even have no choice as we have seen with so many homes going into forclosure.

We would gladly take bookings for 2014 but i cant say for sure that in 2 years time i may have had enough of owning a villa and decide to sell it, I dont have a crystal ball to see what our situstion will be by then, by all means try and find a villa that you like and put down a deposit but always have a back up plan just in case,

never to soon... its exciting its a big thing going on holiday! get the countdown on and join in with everyone on here... happy holiday countdown xx
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I dont have a crystal ball to see what our situstion will be by then, by all means try and find a villa that you like and put down a deposit but always have a back up plan just in case,
    Sound advice there.

I don't see any problem booking what will be over 2 years in advance but there has to be a risk that both yours and the property owner's circumstances might change over that time. Personally, I'd be looking to negotiate a minimal deposit for the time being so, if problems arise, you aren't over exposed.