Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: letter of consent.

Florida Chatterbox

letter of consent.

Hi, im taking my sons friend to florida with us, he is 16yrs old and i was not sure if i needed a letter of consent? but i know i would feel better with one especially one that says the parents consent for me or my husband to give the go ahead for medical treatment, ive looked through all the threads on here as im sure a while ago i saw a letter which you just had to print and ask the parents to sign, but every link i click on says NOT FOUND OR LINK BEEN CLOSED? can anyone help please.

Florida Newbie
    Hi we took my daughter friend 13 yrs old in April 11 her mom just gave us a note for us to take her with us and for any medical need that may arise think that is your best way to do things.

Florida Chatterbox
    ok, thankyou

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Steelo if you get a letter of consent make sure that a contact telephone number is on in case the doc/hospital/immigration, want to check it out

Florida Expert
    I found it and saved here you go

arents Address

DATE
    To whom it may concern

I, parents name, hereby give permission for your name (we put both mine and my husband's names in) to take my son/daughter, Childs name to the United States of America for the purpose of a vacation commencing the date of travel and returning not later than the we put a couple of days after we were due back in case of delays.
    I also give your name/s permission to seek and authorize any and all medical or dental treatment for my child, childs name, as and when necessary.

Parents signature and full name

Florida Chatterbox
    Thankyou ravtino, this is a great help.

Many would say that this needs to be notarised to show that the signature is genuinely that of the parent. if you can find a notary who will do it for little or no cost then great, but the notary wanted to charge us £60
    We got around this by scanning the mothers passport with her signature on to the letter although we were never actually asked for it.

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    That's a good idea, I will see how much the doctor will charge aswel, thankyou.

Florida Junior
    We have took my daughters friend 4 times with us now to Florida. I always print out a letter of consent allocating us "locos parentis" while she is with us on holiday. I always have her mum sign it with her home, work, mobile and emergency number on it. We have never had any problems, immigration once asked her if she was happy to be with us on holiday and that was it. Hope all goes well
    Mel x
    melanie morrison

Florida Expert
    We are here now with my sons 16 year old friend, i have the letter but was not asked, one thing to mention, when we went through immigration I asked if he could go through with us as he was a minor and they said no problem. This is the first time they did my sons photo and id, but they only did one hand.