Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unspoilt view at epcot,gauranteed!

I know the place well, it is one of a few spots they use for VIP viewing. Fine to use but you do risk being moved on, which can be a little embarrassing.
    The show is an ariel show and and all positions are good, except downwind which can be a bit foggy.
    We used to avidly grab a front position and stand waiting got sometime. Thenwe realised it was more fun to stand back behind the crowd in any of the raised areas. Lots more room, great view and easy access to concessons. During busy times you will beat the crowd out of the park too.

Where is the best elevated spot Martin?

No particular favorite as it depends if there is a breeze or not. Pretty much each country has its vantage points, the key is to check them out as you walk round.

Thanks Martin that is great [msnsmile2]

Florida Savvy
    Well we'll be back to epcot in january...be hitting my favourite spot for the illuminations lol....

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by sammibabe View Post
    We'd be the ones told to move cos staff were watching us on that day and not the fireworks!
    Yes that would be us as well. I have looked on google earth but not had any look finding it.
    Lyn

Florida Savvy
    to be fair we stumbled across it by mistake...in google earth there is a red roofed building in canada,directly opposit that near the water you will see a beige coloured rock,this is where you do the observation when you get near that area...on the left of that rock is a gate...and its latch is hidden on the inside over the top...
    Its an absolute gem of a spot no one infront of you...

Drino,

Is this the building you are referring to? If so, I think it is the stage area:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	261

I suspect that because it is a gated area then the cast members will have the right to come along and ask you to move from that area, however, I guess if you get away with it then your luck would be in.

Personally my favourite spot is to be at the balcony at the Japanese pavilion, at the restaurant - nice elevated view.
    Euan

Florida Savvy
    No its not no where near the stage..on the left of that picture you see a brownish beige rock its their,water side...like i said you need to take a look during the day...you will see it..

Well I know this forum is popluar but I guess it must be required reading for Disney as well.

I was in EPCOT yesterday for lunch as the Italian restaurant reopened so I thought I would check this for future readers of this thread.

Well you now need to find another spot unless you are good at jumping fences or picking locks. As you can see from the photo below there is now a nice new pad lock on the gate.

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120501_164137.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	269
    Last edited by DaveL; 02-05-2012 at 12:35.
    Dave Lewis