Hi all,

I've just discovered this forum and it seems full of interesting information, could I just ask what is probably a very basic question regarding car hire.......?

My wife and I are visiting Orlando in October 2012 for the first time for quite a few years (this time without children!) and would like to book a car rental for 2 weeks.

I have put my details in and obtained a quote which we are happy with but would like some reassurance from other members regarding the insurance offered.

Years ago on our last visit when renting through a large airline we were left totally confused at the rental desk when we were very heavily 'encouraged' to take out many types of extra insurances and were made to feel that each one was essential and that we would be foolish not to take them. It was very expensive and it wasn't the best start to our 'first' once in a lifetime Florida holiday!

I see the rental through US Car Hire includes all insurances (apart from what would be covered through our normal travel insurance), is it really as easy as that, is there anything else that other members buy as 'advised' optional extras at the desk (breakdown cover, windscreen, tyres etc etc)? I like to play things safe if you hadn't already noticed!!

I would be the only driver so no need for extra driver cover, would the silver insurance option be the one for me or would others advise the gold option so no worries about petrol payments etc?

Sorry if this has been covered many times before, but any advise would be greatly appreciated from those that are regular renters!

Many thanks

Spikey