Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Miami Alamo Fast Kiosk - Annoying

Miami Alamo Fast Kiosk - Annoying

Having used the Alamo Fast Kiosks a number of times at Alamo I am a big fan. They are normaly very quick and hassle free and I much prefer having the control myself and not having to personally face someone trying to trade me up the whole time.

However, this time, despite registering all my details as per usual before travel, even though they had my booking I was asked to input ALL my personal details again which included every single detail on both of our UK driving lics so it took about 20 mins to complete the whole process [msnmad]

Very frustrating especially as my eyes weren't working that well after a long flight so the inputting of data was very tiring.

I wonder if this will happen every time from now on or whether if was just a one-off double check seeing as we had used them a few times ??

Administrator
    I will find out for you. We have just been told there is now no need to complete the Save Time process online prior to travel, and I suspect they now capture your details at the kiosk the first time you use it, and hopefully in future your details will be retrieved.

We collected our car on Tuesday at MCO and used the self service kiosk. I also had to enter my driving licence details.
    Jim

Florida Savvy
    Guess ill be using the service desk not kiosk...send the wife to go select car.

The kiosk worked really well Drino and was much quicker than standing in line at the rental counter. Just a couple of entries and a swipe of the credit card and you're off!
    Jim

Administrator
    You normally will have to enter your driving license details even if you pre-registered with Save Time. The kiosks don't usually recognize the bar code or 'swipe' of the UK license, so you have to select the option to manually enter your license number.

Florida Savvy
    And does the system know you want to return full tank or is that a tick box also?

Administrator
    You get to choose at the kiosk (don't select pre-paid fuel then you can return full). Bear in mind that Alamo's fuel charge is very reasonable though - pretty much the pump price and occasionally a bit cheaper. If you can plan it to return quite empty then well worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by drino View Post
    And does the system know you want to return full tank or is that a tick box also?