Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Alamo and National Silver option now allows you to return the car full

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Please can you email us at info@uscarhire.com with a copy of what you said below and a note of your order number, so we can bring it to Alamo's attention.

He is totally incorrect in what he said and I know the Alamo managers are very keen to stamp out this kind of thing as it gives them (and possibly us) a bad name. It sounds like sour grapes because he could not get any extra commission by selling you anything extra, but he should know he's not allowed to talk in this way to a customer as it's misleading.

If you have the desk agent's name then that's even better, but Alamo will be able to trace it from the order number anyway.

Thankfully it does not happen very often, but we (and Alamo managers) would rather it never happened at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by gofer View Post
    I picked my car up from the Alamo desk at Tampa last night and the guy was really trying to get me to take the car back empty, as, I quote ' You better make sure you overfill this car sir because we will charge you extra if we have to top you up. There are no fuel stations nearby. Anyway our fuel is much cheaper'.
    He was also quite unpleasant about the enhanced breakdown package I arranged through US Car hire. He showed the document to another desk assistant and they joined forces in telling me that they had never heard of such a product and that I shouldn't use third parties to book car rental as they sell inferior products.
    If I'm honest this was the worst experience I have ever had when collecting a rental car.
    Please someone tell me this was just a guy was just unhappy that he was unable to make any commission and that I have done the right thing.

Florida Newbie
    Hi all,

First of all sorry if this is a rather basic post or is something that has been asked before........

Myself and my wife arrive at Orlando airport on Friday afternoon of this week and have hired a small compact car with Alamo taking out the 'silver option' through US Car Hire.

We have hopefully registered our details correctly to be able to use the quick pickup terminals (or whatever they are!) and intend to bring the car back full of fuel at the end of our stay.

How does this work with these terminals, do we get an option to decline paying for a tank of fuel at pickup and then obviously bring it back full? I'm assuming we don't pay for the fuel and then 'sort it out at the end' when we bring the car back? Is there a system in place that easily allows us to do this or are we better advised to go to the desks and speak to someone in person although by the sound of things that doesn't seem plain sailing either!

Any advice on the best procedure would be most welcome as we have never done this before!

I'm assuming also that there is a petrol station very close to the airport that we would need to use to fully fuel the car before dropping it off?

Once again sorry if these are very basic questions!

Mike

Florida Savvy
    on the subject of pre-pay fuel does anyone know what Dollar are charging at the moment for the pay up front option on a minivan.

cheers