Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will I ever find a villa!!

Florida Chatterbox
    Just a suggestion, if you have been looking for say a 4 bedroom villa, it may be an idea to perhaps send enquires to 5 bedroom or larger.

Have fun looking and hopefully you will find the perfect home.

Florida Newbie
    I had loads of replies to my enquiry - maybe 40 and although I said there were only 2 of us I still had replies from the 4 or 5 bedroom villas. It does take ages reading through the emails too - so much detail. I specifically wanted a good view from the pool i.e. lake, conversation area so found what I wanted with a villa I had visited before. But I must admit before I had settled on this villa it was quite daunting wading through the replies and then finding out which community they were in and having decided found that the price was too high.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    It's sometimes hard to know whether to reply or not as I know we've had a few 2 person parties in our 7 bedroom villa. I often wondered if perhaps they want to try a different bedroom for each day of the week or more likely, they just like lots of space and a nice big pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisiann View Post
    I had loads of replies to my enquiry - maybe 40 and although I said there were only 2 of us I still had replies from the 4 or 5 bedroom villas.

Yes its definately daunting as I have found the last two years- you would think I would be good at it by now!! I am a bit prejudiced cos we have only stayed in Emerald Isand, Indian Ridge and Cresent Lakes so wanted to try and stick to these areas as I know and like them- I have seen some lovely villas off the 27 but reluctant to book cos feel they are so much further out- and they are prob not in the grand scheme of things but folk tend to stick with what they know- I had this same dilemma last year and was adamant I wasn't going to have it this year but here I am again!!
    I did ask my husband to drive down to the end of the 192 last year so I could see the US27 and get an idea of distance etc but we got to a point where there was nothing much on the 192 and he got fed up and turned back.
    I think we have now found one in Emerald Island but as you will see from my other post I am a bit worried about the direction of the pool. I have sent my cousin with whom we are going a list of of the available villas that I got emailed from the OV websites in case she likes any of them more than the Emerald Island one so will see what she says- its even harder when you have other people to consult - was far easier the first year when we went on our own!!

For villas either on the 27 or very near, we use the I4 to get to the parks, so much quicker than driving all the way down the 192.
    Karen

You're so right Karen, I wouldn't dream of going on the 192 to get to the parks from either the 54 or the 27 - infact thinking back to our last trip in September the only time we ventured onto the 192 was to try the new Bahama Breeze and the Steakhouse that are not far from the junction with the 27 - yummy!
    Caroline & Dave

Quote Originally Posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk View Post
    It's sometimes hard to know whether to reply or not as I know we've had a few 2 person parties in our 7 bedroom villa. I often wondered if perhaps they want to try a different bedroom for each day of the week or more likely, they just like lots of space and a nice big pool.
    That is so true - we also have lots of small groups of 2-4 as well and we have are a 5 bed. Most say they like the extra space.
    Dawn Murray

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by caroline View Post
    You're so right Karen, I wouldn't dream of going on the 192 to get to the parks from either the 54 or the 27 - infact thinking back to our last trip in September the only time we ventured onto the 192 was to try the new Bahama Breeze and the Steakhouse that are not far from the junction with the 27 - yummy!
    Rarely go up as far as the 192 when we have the I4 to get to the parks it is so much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by lisiann View Post
    I said there were only 2 of us I still had replies from the 4 or 5 bedroom villas.
    We also have a 4 bedroom villa and have repeat guests who are just a couple but say they like the extra space and our location which is why we still reply to 4 bedroom enquiries for only 2 guests.

We have had several couples renting our 5 bed. We also like the space and spend a lot of time at the villa, so only 2 of us rambling round but we love it.

We also use the I-4 to get to Disney from Championsgate. It is so easy being one mile away from the I-4, you can go anywhere quickly. We rarely go on the 192.

Florida Newbie
    I didnt mean to imply that the larger villas should not have replied - in fact it was great to be able to compare what you could get in the 4 or 5 bedroom villas, just that because of the size they tended to be more expensive at least for my budget. Although it is wearying it is also nice to see what is on offer and as it has been a few years since we visited Florida - it just got me all fired up again! The villa we chose again is on the 27 in the Davenport area and we never found it any problem getting to the parks - the I4 is easy to negotiate and the villa is secluded and has a great view from the pool

Lisiann