Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dinner and a show!

Florida Newbie

dinner and a show!

Hello, new to the forum, I apologise if this topic has previously been covered! Visited Florida many times with the family, done all the main attractions and a few of the smaller ones but returning this summer with a group of friends and never experienced a dinner show (I kinda remember a medieval jousting one?) are they good/ worth it? Would love your opinions.
    Thanks. Matt

Just my opinion but I have done Medieval one, Arabian Nights, and Hoop de Doo and Lua at Seaworld, They were all only okay. That does not mean you will not like them but the important thing to bear in mind is that they do not constitute a night out as they are over quite quickly. The food is always only okay in my opinion. We prefer to do a show like Cirque and then have a nice meal or just go somewhere like Bahama Breeze where you have a meal and some form of entertainment.
    Angela

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I have done Pirates, Arabian Nights and Medievil times, Pirates was my favourite but Medievil times was our boys best.

We found that the food wasn't great in any of them and the servers leave something to be desired.... they askled us and I mean bascically told us that they expected $5 per person tip... that didn't happen!!

Sandra
    Sandra

Although the entertainment is pretty good, the food at most of the "dinner shows" is very basic & not what could really be described as "dinner".
    We've tried most of them & would rate "Pirates" as the best entertainment with Polynesian Luau (probably mis-spelt) at Sea World the best food !!

Florida Newbie
    Thanks. I've never done circ du solei either... Apparently that's a must!

Florida Newbie
    I can highly recommend the Outta control Magic Show at Wonderworks. All you can eat pizza, salad, popcorn and unlimited beer, wine, soda and dessert. The comedy is really good and aimed at families so you can bring kids. All the other ones I tried were a let down if I'm honest but this one was really worth the money. The food wasn't brilliant but it was okay and loads of it. Unfortunatley I was driving so didn't sample the beer but I made sure I ate and drank my bodyweight in pizza and soda!

We have only been to Arabian Nights- I did enjoy the show (as I have horses) but meal was basic seating very basic. Wouldn't spend the money to go again. (Lots of standing around waiting to be seated too)

Quote Originally Posted by sidned View Post
    I can highly recommend the Outta control Magic Show at Wonderworks. All you can eat pizza, salad, popcorn and unlimited beer, wine, soda and dessert. The comedy is really good and aimed at families so you can bring kids. All the other ones I tried were a let down if I'm honest but this one was really worth the money. The food wasn't brilliant but it was okay and loads of it. Unfortunatley I was driving so didn't sample the beer but I made sure I ate and drank my bodyweight in pizza and soda!
    I have tried them all over the years. For entertainment value Outta control Magi was better than all the rest . I agree the food wasn't brilliant but I have eaten worse at other shows.
    My favourite has to be The Blue Man Group at Universal
    Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by Newhomebuyer View Post
    Just my opinion but I have done Medieval one, Arabian Nights, and Hoop de Doo and Lua at Seaworld, They were all only okay. That does not mean you will not like them but the important thing to bear in mind is that they do not constitute a night out as they are over quite quickly. The food is always only okay in my opinion. We prefer to do a show like Cirque and then have a nice meal or just go somewhere like Bahama Breeze where you have a meal and some form of entertainment.
    Cirque then Bahama Breeze - our idea of a fantastic night. [msnwink]
    Diane.

Florida Newbie AllthingsFlorida's Avatar
    I would say Blue Man Group - and they have a new show - starting this month I believe and Cirque - superb both!