Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Good Outdoor parks for small children

Florida Newbie

Good Outdoor parks for small children

Are there any good ones around kissimmee, all we can find is some with one slide and a swing!

Turkey Lake State Park is a definite favourite of ours, not too far and lots to see and do and great for a wander. Here's a guide to it: http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/o...lake-park.aspx

Another really good option, although a bit further away, is Fort Christmas - here's a guide for it: http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ristmas-4.aspx , It might be of slightly less interest to wee ones, though.

A final thought is down by the waterfront in Kissimmee at Lake Kissimmee, I am 99.99% sure there is a park area there that we've visited.
    Euan

Gold 5 Star Member
    I was going to suggest Kissimmee Lake Front Park, in the summer there is also a splash pool too cool off. the play equipment is under shelter so good for wet or dry days.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Some villa communities have a children's play area - so check with the owner of the villa you're staying in.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lake Eva Park in Haines City has lots of swings, slides and climbing things. It also has a water park which is open from April to November. Friday night is "Movies in the Park" night. My grandchildren aged 6 and 8 loved it! There was also an area suitable for younger children.

It might be a bit further than you planned to travel though.
    Christine

Think there is a play area in Celebration but not 100% sure, but I know someone will be able to remember. There is the water fountain that children play in for hours.
    Val