Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please can anyone advise on the cheapest site to book a disney hotel for xmas 2012

The last time I was in Orlando it was only for 3 nights, we decided to stay in Disney's Celebration Hotel, we wanted somewhere we could leave the car and wander around for something to eat and drink. It was fabulous and a really reasonable price. We booked room only and had breafast in the various establishments in Market Square. I booked it via a link on trip adviser and got, what I thought was a good price. However, for a stay of a week or more, I always book a villa. And for the 1st time, have booked one from this site, for our next holiday.

Hope you have a fantastic holiday and take lots of photos to shows us when you get back.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Oh dear, let's not start that old one again please
    Originally Posted by Katys Grandad
    So disappointing that a new member is welcomed to the forums with a comment like that.
    I'm sorry but it's not the case of "not starting that old one again" The comment was made & as I read it it smacks of, If you don't want to stay in a villa don't ask questions on this site.

We are currently at a villa at Indian Creek & it's fantastic, but back in August we stayed at Disneys Animal Kingdom Villas then Disneys Beach Club Villas & they were fantastic.

We like to vary our Florida vacations between the 2 types of locations, but actually stay at Disney more than a villa, as we are DVC Members & have been for a number of years. Is it OK for us to contribute to this site?
    We have also stayed at Disney when we got very heavily discounted rooms. Most recently during the Halloween Holidays & couldn't say no[clap] So discounts do occasionally crop up.

We think this is an awesome site & it would be very sad if people were put off using it if they thought (or got the impression) they were not welcome.

mike

Quote Originally Posted by freddiehollie View Post

I'm sorry but it's not the case of "not starting that old one again" The comment was made & as I read it it smacks of, If you don't want to stay in a villa don't ask questions on this site.

We are currently at a villa at Indian Creek & it's fantastic, but back in August we stayed at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas then Disney's Beach Club Villas & they were fantastic.

We like to vary our Florida vacations between the 2 types of locations, but actually stay at Disney more than a villa, as we are DVC Members & have been for a number of years. Is it OK for us to contribute to this site?
    We have also stayed at Disney when we got very heavily discounted rooms. Most recently during the Halloween Holidays & couldn't say no[clap] So discounts do occasionally crop up.

We think this is an awesome site & it would be very sad if people were put off using it if they thought (or got the impression) they were not welcome.

Mike,

As the person who wrote the first reply let me answer your question directly. We welcome and value all opinions on this site, also any contributions that do not infringe the site rules. I would also point out that I did fully answer the original question within the sites rules.

However I should just explain that both you and Katys Grandad came into this thread after it had been edited by the original poster. The original thread title and content read as below.

Please can anyone advise on the cheapest site to book a Disney hotel for Xmas 2012

Have looked at Disney direct but seemed very expensive.

As you can see this suggests that the poster wants a recommendation for a hotel site for the Christmas period. Recommending such sites would break this sites rules and as I pointed out the chance of finding a discounted room for that period would be slim to none.

I have nothing against Disney hotels and have stayed at many of them. However this site is owned and run by Orlando Villas to help promote villa holidays. You should therefore expect that we would want to explain the advantages of a villa holiday to someone, who at that time, appeared to want to stay in a hotel for an extended period.

Regards Dave
    Last edited by DaveL; 18-12-2011 at 18:05.
    Dave Lewis

Im a DVC member bought many moons ago when the deal was exceptional. No problem posting at all, but if I want info on DVC I will go to a DVC forum, where there would be a greater pool of knowledge.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    DaveL sums my thoughts up very eloquently above. The problem arises on forums when things are edited by users and the original meaning partially lost. The subsequent un-edited replies then don't make the sense they should have done and can be read the wrong way.

I wish there was a way to avoid this as, believe me, we'd be doing it, but I don't think there is. We'll keep on trying though and keep on welcoming one and all to the forums as we always have done .

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    .. I should just explain that both you and Katys Grandad came into this thread after it had been edited by the original poster. The original thread title and content read as below.

Please can anyone advise on the cheapest site to book a Disney hotel for Xmas 2012

Have looked at Disney direct but seemed very expensive.

As you can see this suggests that the poster wants a recommendation for a hotel site for the Christmas period.

Regards Dave
    There's nothing there to suggest the OP was asking about an extended stay. Nothing at all.

Could have been talking about one night, two nights, twenty nights.

Would be interested to know if the usual sites include Disney hotels. Seems a fair topic to me. If not, fair enough.

I've just moved this to the Off Topic section as this is a forum for discussing staying in a privately owned villa primarily and nothing to do with staying in hotels. If we are going to discuss Disney Hotels then the Off Topic area is the place to do so .

Florida Expert
    We too have stayed at Port Orleans many times before heading to the villa, even for a week before Xmas one year, I have to say it was very busy getting closer to Xmas but the week before was great, always booked direct.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk View Post
    DaveL sums my thoughts up very eloquently above. The problem arises on forums when things are edited by users and the original meaning partially lost. The subsequent un-edited replies then don't make the sense they should have done and can be read the wrong way.

I wish there was a way to avoid this as, believe me, we'd be doing it, but I don't think there is. We'll keep on trying though and keep on welcoming one and all to the forums as we always have done .
    Hi John

Wouldn't a solution to that problem be to lock the post after a certain amount of time? On LinkedIn you have 15 mins to edit a post and then it's locked. The original poster of the thread can remove it I believe, but not edit it? Additionally, shouldn't post editing be locked once someone has replied? If the poster wants to correct themselves, they add another post to the thread? Just an idea and sorry if this has been gone over before. I agree it is very misleading to read a thread history if posts have been subsequently edited.

Best
    Graeme
    Last edited by grayster; 19-01-2012 at 14:55.

Some good ideas there. I'm not sure if the forum software (it's off the shelf software customised for the OV look and feel) allows you to do this but I'l have a look at the settings and see if I can find out. Thanks of the good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by grayster View Post
    Hi John

Wouldn't a solution to that problem be to lock the post after a certain amount of time? On LinkedIn you have 15 mins to edit a post and then it's locked. The original poster of the thread can remove it I believe, but not edit it? Additionally, shouldn't post editing be locked once someone has replied? If the poster wants to correct themselves, they add another post to the thread? Just an idea and sorry if this has been gone over before. I agree it is very misleading to read a thread history if posts have been subsequently edited.

Best
    Graeme