Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Olympics and fares

Florida Chatterbox

Olympics and fares

Do anyone think that airline prices will be slighly lower next year due to the olympics, as airlines might put more flights on to cater for people coming to the uk, so most of those flights will be empty upon return to destination. So travel away from uk in july, is it possible it could be cheaper.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ukman View Post
    Do anyone think that airline prices will be slighly lower next year due to the olympics, as airlines might put more flights on to cater for people coming to the uk, so most of those flights will be empty upon return to destination. So travel away from uk in july, is it possible it could be cheaper.
    The number of people we know who have sid they are going away in July to avoid it, I doubt it. All London businesses have been urged to get their staff to work from home or take holiday to ease travel; congestion.
    Babblin Boo

As the Airlines need very little excuse to put fares up I am afraid it will probably be the other way round.
    Graham

I would agree with GrahamC - they know people will be travelling more either way around that period - supply & demand = prices going up.
    Euan

Plus by next summer the airline tax will have gone up again, so the short answer is NO.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Newbie
    We are going out next summer and the flight prices are extremely high Like someone said the airlines will use any reason as an excuse to put up prices.

Florida Chatterbox
    The government need to decrease the tax and airlines need to decrease their prices.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ray and babs View Post
    We are going out next summer and the flight prices are extremely high Like someone said the airlines will use any reason as an excuse to put up prices.
    The main 'excuse' appears to be that people will pay these fares so I find it hard to blame the airlines in those circumstances. I'm flying to San Francisco tomorrow via New York and every flight both out and back is booked solid in all classes.

Ultimately it's about supply & demand and, while I don't like it, I still pay up.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 06-01-2012 at 09:14.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Familes with children don't have a great choice of dates. We are always tied to school holidays.
    Jan&Steve