Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do We Eat Too Much When On Holiday In Florida ?

Florida Expert
    I find my weight is much up and down here than in Florida. Last time I put on a couple of pounds and I have a good appetite. I am careful with dressings, don't eat many chips and burgers and have lots of salads (they are so much better than most salads in this country). This is because its drummed into my brain after years of dieting. I also think the increased water intake helps

always bloat constantly in florida so have a drink first... i do drink loads over in florida... wish i was there now only put on 4lb in florida last year with the big family holiday i was at WW, was really pleased with myself....
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    We do eat out every night in Florida, but i never eat any more than usual.
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Temptation is everywhere, and with no will power whatsoever I try to have a salad on some of our meals out, alas that went out the window when we went to HRC the other night, conversation goes....

I am having a Cob salad, what are you having? A burger came the reply, OK I will have a burger too, oh well maybe next time.
    CDV

We don't tend to eat out too much when we are over in Florida. If you are there for around 2 months then it can get boring. Also we really enjoy sitting out on the pool deck and having a salad and a BBQ as it is so different from at home. When we do eat out we tend to have Arthur having a steak and fries and a salad and I just have a baked potato and share the steak, we find that suits us fine.
    We had a lovely lunch at Olive Garden with friends we recommended their 'Eat all you like soup and salad' it was lovely, we had as many plates of soup as we wanted, try all their soups if you like and a huge bowl of salad which they are happy to refill and some really nice break sticks. Can really recommend this.
    After almost 7 weeks I had not lost any weight, but I had not put on anything either.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member ShirleyCottam's Avatar
    I tend to eat less if its hot, and with all the extra walking and swimming tend to stay the same wieght! I have just got home from our villa and miss Florida already!

Happy Christmas everyone!
    Shirley

Florida Savvy
    I do.....I always overdose on all the lovely food/coffee that i can't have over here!

Key Lime Pie...yummy!!!
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    I think all the activity and walking helps balance out the indulgence of food and drink while away! I put on a couple of pounds last trip but as other posters have mentioned it did shift within a week or two once we got home

Gold 5 Star Member
    I lose weight because I don't eat much when its hot..and I walk miles...

We put on loads of weight as we eat out most nights and drink so much more...but hey ho...we are on holiday and loose it when get back home.
    Val