Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do We Eat Too Much When On Holiday In Florida ?

Do We Eat Too Much When On Holiday In Florida ?

I do try to watch what I eat when on holday in Florida. But temptation is everwhere!!! Doesn't help the portions being so large, not forgetting the endless choice

We love eating out but more and more, I leave the restaurants feeling stuffed!! I know I have no will power but I hate it when my clothes feel tight the next day!!.

What do you do, eat what you like on holiday and diet when you arrive home? Maybe you are careful all the time even when on holiday in Florida ?
    Last edited by luckylady; 14-12-2011 at 01:53.
    Barbara

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I eat a bit more and also I drink a bit more - at home I tend to just drink wine at the weekend but on holiday I also drink cocktails so it's a double whammy - food and drink!!

I tend not to change too much weight wise so am quite lucky. I think this year I put 3 lbs on but I then go back to normal once I'm home.

Sandra
    Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    We eat out every day. That's part of the holiday for me - no cooking!

I always tend to watch what I eat as I have to be careful of my cholesterol and in Florida I have fish more often as I don't like cooking it myself!

I also find that I don't snack like I do when at home as I don't like the chocolate (my big weakness). So all in all I stay pretty much the same weight.
    Christine

i dont really put on much weight when in florida being huge anyways isnt good but i do fill up quickly and i do tend to leave food as im so full up.. shame tho...lol often asked if we want to take home... but we dont...lol
    Liesa

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    we do eat out alot when at the villa , hubby says I'm on holiday too [msnsmile2] bless him ,
    [msnsmile2]but we do find we get a little fed-up with eating out
    so go to walmart buy a salad and hot chicken and sit around the pool deck,
    with all the[sporty] walking around the parks we usually lose a couple of pounds [clap]
    Gail

Gold 5 Star Member
    We like to barbecue and sit by the pool, we do however drink more,[cheers],

Last month my family visited from Texas and oh boy they drink wine like it's water, agghhh.

Eating out I find a great many restaurants lay on sauces etc, which I hate so we tend to pick our restaurants carefully and avoid sauce layered dishes.

We do eat fish a great deal and often just have appetizers in the evening, preferring to eat lunch out.

The portions can be huge and I try to avoid certain restaurants because of this.

Weight wise I do put on in Florida but my thyroid was zapped 3 years ago and I have battled before this and ever since, only now am I getting a normal blood count.

So now it is time to hit weight watchers but coupled with a stressful job even this might not work and I do like my wine.

Lynne

By the time we've painted the inside & out, laid umpteen slabs, pressure washed everything (hurts when you 'do' your own toes), & dug out & re-planted whatever we put in the garden last visit that has kicked the bucket.
    Along with the visits to Lowes, Home Depot, WalMart, Sherwin Williams & whoever.
    And the million mile hikes around whichever theme parks take our fancy,
    no matter what we eat, we always come home thinner than we go !!!!
    Even sittiing "relaxing" by the pool usually ends up spotting that tiny tear in the screen that just screams for attention......

Hubby & I have recently returned from 3 weeks in Florida with friends. We ate out every night and in the middle of the trip we had a week's cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. [party1]

My 2 girlfriends & I started Weightwatchers to loose a few lbs before we went away, and our leader said 'you'll easy put on about 8-9lbs'!! But despite all that food and drink I only gained 1˝lbs! and my friends were similar too. We must have walked miles though as we went to several theme parks, and the ship was so huge we exercised without realising it ......

Funny how the men never bothered about their weight - is it only a woman thing?
    Debra

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I don't think so as I know I watch my weight and try and be sensible about what I eat .

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    Funny how the men never bothered about their weight - is it only a woman thing?
    I tend to never eat a full portion in Florida, especially in restaurants where the portions are rather large. I also try and stick to Diet Pepsi rather than the sugar-laden Strawberry Lemonade etc etc as that makes a big difference too.

I usually come back one or two pounds heavier but can soon fix that with sensible eating at home and lots of walking at the weekends .

Florida Newbie AllthingsFlorida's Avatar
    After years of eating too much every time we visit Florida we have adopted some new habits - we love Bahama Breeze but only ever have appetizers (starters) and share between however many there are of us dining.
    We never have dessert unless it's a 'can't resist' in which case we share a portion on take it to go to have the next day.
    Although we do eat out most days (usually Dinner) we make sure that lunch is salad/fruit etc so as to strike a balance. It's tempting to always go for the 'large' meals - we stick to the medium size and always go for the smallest size drink and popcorn in the cinema (much to the vendor's amazement usually)
    We do these things automatically now so we don't notice the difference other than we don't go home half a stone heavier :¬)
    MJ