Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Christmas Lunch/Brunch/Dinner

Christmas Lunch/Brunch/Dinner

I realise that this has been discussed before, however, we were looking to book for somewhere this year. A quick trawl came up with:

The Peabody Hotel
    Gaylord Palms - Villa de Flora
    The Mission Inn - Howie on the Hill
    and I also found the Lakeside Inn in Mount Dora

The Peabody doesn't have any availability, anyone have any experience/thoughts on the others or any alternatives?
    Euan

We have been to both Villa de Flora and Mission Inn. We enjoyed both. We combined Villa de Flora with a trip round Ice and when we went to Mission Inn we booked at Hacienda (they have 2 other restaurants) and did the short walk after which they call The Conquistadors Trail.
    It is a longer drive to the Mission Inn and you do feel as if you are away from the tourist trail. Older clientele (ourselves included and quieter)

I think I would say do Gaylord Palms if you have never been. We choose Mission Inn for a change and enjoyed it but certainly prefer V de F for the atmosphere on Christmas Day
    Angela

Thanks for the comparison, we do have three kids with us, so sounds like V de F may be better. I'll see about getting tickets for ICE! it's been a few years since we did it. The question is ... should we do it before or after! (perhaps might be too heavy for the slide, afterwards!!)
    Euan

We went before, defo too heavy afterwards. There is also a gnome search if the kids are young enough at heart.
    Angela

We have eaten at the Peabody which was great, but we preferred Villa De Flora and ICE, just perfect for Xmas day.
    Debra