Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boston break

Gold 5 Star Member
    I suspect that you've probably already arranged your flights but, if not, have you thought about seeing Boston on the way home? I often stay a night on my way back from the US because both BA and American operate day flights to Heathrow from there. The BA flight gets into Heathrow around 7.30 pm (and is often early) so, depending where in the UK you live, you can be home and in bed at a reasonable time and avoid the night flight and most of the subsequent jet lag.

There's a decent Hilton within Logan airport and it's only a couple of stops on the 'T' to be downtown.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 25-11-2011 at 02:28.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I was going to recommend staying at Logan and taking the T into the center. We did this on one occasion on the return leg and it worked well.

On previous visits when we used to spend time in Portland and the White Mountains we always stayed for a couple of nights in the center before heading north.
    I love Boston it is one of my favourite cities.

It is a great city to walk around but as others have said February is cold.

Lynne

Florida Chatterbox
    We have to visit Boston on way out as our Virgin flight doesn't get into Boston until 1730 (nuisance but we used our airmiles) we go end March so hopefully weather will be kind. as will have elderly relative with us who doesn't have our stamina for travelling. Otherwise - immigration, luggage, snack at Logan then flight down to Gulf coast on same evening about 8pm (3 hours), pick up car and we'd be at villa in under an hour - bit of a long day for her as would be midnight by then without taking into account any delays - though you do get to sleep on plane of course!
    Last edited by cook22uk; 01-01-2012 at 19:37.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just a quick update Filenes Basement were good enough to stay open long enough for my daughter to pick up some bargains at Christmas but they have shut down now.
    Babblin Boo