Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Grand Caravan, 7 seater from Dollar

Florida Savvy

Dodge Grand Caravan, 7 seater from Dollar

Hello, we rented this one for a party of 5 adults, 5 large cases, 5 pieces of hand luggage and a wheelchair. By folding down 2 of the rear row seats, we fitted all of the luggage easily, without anyone needing to hold anything on their knees, or in front of them. Once we reached the villa and unloaded the luggage, we put the rear row seats back up and folded one of the middle row seats into the floor, leaving loads of space and making it easier to reach the rear seats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG2533.jpg   CIMG2529.JPG  
    Scorpio

Florida Savvy
    Just a bit more info about this car - the gas tank holds 20 gallons, but just to be safe, we found that when the "low fuel" light comes on, $50 (about 15 gallons) will bring it to just below the "full" mark (at todays price of $3.22 per gallon). The first time we filled it, we put in $40 (about 12 gallons) and it raised the level to just under the 3/4 mark. The car is (understandably) much more responsive when the "Economy" mode is switched off, making it better to drive, especially in the busy traffic when you sometimes need to get a burst of speed.
    Scorpio

Florida Chatterbox
    We had a Stow and Go last trip, took loads of photos with seats up and down and luggage space. Unfortunately for some reason can't load pictures off the camera so am unable to load them on here. Excellant car to drive and will be hiring one again on our next trip. We have 3 in our party but loads of cases, nine in total. Everything went in easily.
    Very helpful information about the remaining fuel left when light first comes on. Now I know I'll definately have enough fuel to get us back to airport.

Florida Chatterbox
    I love the Dodge Caravan. Very suitable for my family.

We always rent the caravans for our trips. Lots of pep, room and space for the luggage on our return trip to the Airport.
    Randy Johnston

Florida Savvy
    Had one of these for our trip earlier this month thought it was a great car.

for luggage size, there were three of us hwo picked it up with three suitcases, golf clubs, pushchair and handluggage.
    Then my mum an dad came out the next day so driving back to downtown disney to check in we had...

4 adults, 1 child in a child seat, 5 suitcases, 2 sets of golf clubs, multiple hand luggage and a pushchair. there was just enough room for all of this, if we put two of the rear three seats down.

The guy at Alamo offered me a $200 upgrade for 16 nights to a Suburban.. looking at the prices of hiring one, i now wish i had taken it!

We have had a Dodge Caravan when there has been 6 adults travelling and there was loads of room for all - and all the shopping. There is just the two of us this trip so rented a mid-size SUV from Dollar and picked a Captiva from the row of about 8 they gave us to choose from. Mostly Jeeps and Ford Escapes - both of which we have had previously, but then the guy parked the Captiva at the side of the car we had eventually chosen (having had our luggage in and out of 4 vehicles) and we thought 'why not'!! Have to say it is really nice, economical, and extremely quiet, only a few months old with 5K on the clock - but please, next time just give us a set of keys and point us towards a specific vehicle!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spuddybaby View Post

The guy at Alamo offered me a $200 upgrade for 16 nights to a Suburban.. looking at the prices of hiring one, i now wish i had taken it!
    That was a great deal! Can't say we have ever come across as good an offer as that. It's usually way more expensive to upgrade at the desk.
    Tonish

we usually get a dodge caravan for the 4 of us.. suits us down to the ground...
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    There will be six of us travelling so my question is do the rear seats fold independently thus giving us a bit more boot space ?
    kym