Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Esta

Florida Newbie

Esta

Hi

Just a question as to how this esta works in practise?
    My son and I will be going over to Fla just after the new year.
    I've not been for a few years, although I have a B visa and my son already has the esta issued for
    previous visits.
    Do we just arrive and they'll have a record of him on their system, or do we need to have a record
    of his application number with us?
    Also when arriving at immigration do we stick together or individually present ourselves to imo, as I say it's
    a few years since going over and can't remember the system.

Thanks

wrpac00
    If you have a B1/B2 visa that is still valid you do not have to have to apply for ESTA. Is your sons ESTA still valid? They only last two years.

Depending on who you have booked your flight with you will also have to complete API (advanced passenger information) of their equivalent. It is this information that is passed onto the US immigration people.

I don't see why you can't walk up to immigration together.

The ESTA expires after two years. Here is the link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta if you need to renew
    All the info will be recorded on the system .
    Although I do advice you take the details of your ESTA application with you just in case.they have no record of your ESTA.
    I personally would stay together and gp through immigration as a group.
    Enjoy your holiday[msnsmile2]
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    The Esta expires after 2 years OR when you get a new passport, so if he has had a new passport since his Esta was approved he will need to reapply.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the replies.

Just to clarify, son's esta is still valid until 06/12.
    The question Re "going through together" was aimed at when you get to the red line, do you both approach the desk together or seperately, or risk the wrath of the imo....."get back behind the line sir"!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I was once told by an Immigration Officer that adults have to go through the channel individually unless they're with a family group all resident at the same address. Adult relatives (and their children) no longer living at the family home can't go through with the others. I can't confirm whether that's actually the case and I'm sure it's not always followed but I suppose it makes sense and this particular officer was adamant about it.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 18-11-2011 at 02:34.

I was told the same as KG. Your family must reside at the same address.
    Angela