Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park Expansion!

Park Expansion!

I see that SeaWorld will be expanding a new area within the park - Antartica!

Here's a quote from the release:

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin will be SeaWorld Orlando’s biggest-ever attraction expansion, opening spring 2013.

Through the years, SeaWorld Orlando has taken you to far-flung corners of the globe, immersing you in exotic places and introducing them to unique worlds of adventure. But no journey is bigger -- or as incredible -- as the one to come in 2013. It’s a voyage to the bottom-of-the-world, to the coldest and windiest continent, to a place of ice more than 9,000 feet thick. It’s a journey to Antarctica and to the empire of the penguin.

You’ll be surrounded by the sights, sounds and awesome encounters found in this frozen place, embarking on a one-of-a-kind ride and an incredible family adventure. You’ll experience the mystery and wonder of life on the ice through the eyes of a penguin, sensing the beauty and drama of their sometimes-dangerous habitat. Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin combines closer-than-ever animal connections with state-of-the-art interactive ride technologies for adventures that are different each time. And, it’s safe to say Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin will be the coldest theme park attraction in the world!

A year-and-a-half from opening at SeaWorld Orlando, details are few. For now, SeaWorld Orlando’s Antarctica will stay as mysterious as its namesake continent.

“Only SeaWorld and its parks can take you on these journeys or bring these experiences to life,” said Orlando Parks President, Terry Prather. “We’re excited about what the future holds for our parks and for our fans.”
    Euan

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    This sounds good. Sea World is one of my favorite parks i love seeing and learning all about the animals. We always spend ages just watching the Mannatee's.

Mary

Sea World's present penguin / puffin exibit has always been one of our favorites....
    Have spent ages watching them above & under water.
    Hopefully, a new setting can only be better !!!!

Hopefully they will improve the polar bears enclosure at the same time. [msnsad]
    Diane.

Well said Diane, my daughter refused to revisit Antarctica with her daughters on our last visit as she was so upset by a very depressed looking bear on our last visit.

It may be worth e-mailing SeaWorld about your disappointment, if they are unaware that this is how people feel, then they may not do anything to change things.
    Euan

The area to the north (?) of the dolphin cove where the manatees used to be is now boarded up. No more details, except that it is going to be amazing. The area looks quite extensive.

Wild Arctic was shut this week, too, for a few days - both the ride and the animal experience, reopened on the 9th. I have to say I also hate to see the poor polar bears lying on fake snow, when these magnificent creatures should be roaming free. If I have a 'gripe' with Seaworld it has to be the stingrays. Poor things, swimming round and round that horrid shallow concrete pool, the odd one rising up out of the water to splash the onlookers. I try to avoid this area whenever we go, but it is very popular.

But, despite this, it is one of our favourite parks and the dolphin and whale show is superb, as is the new Shamu show. Being smaller than the Disney parks it is very easy to get round. The park is a delight to look at with wonderful tropical plants and trees, and has so much to offer the whole family.
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Cant wait!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Park Expansion!

Ellie I totally agree with you about the park. Absolutely one of our favourites