Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Flights Question

Florida Junior

Flights Question

Purchased 4 flights through an ABTA regulated website on the 26th October to Orlando with American Airlines for £1880.00. The flights are via Miami going and direct coming back. Paid for the flights in full and the money was taken from out bank account. On November 4th I received a call from the website who said that they could not get the code for these flights and would be refunding the cost of the flights. We can then rebook for £2900.00 for the same flight.
    Can they do this?

If its the exact same flight you have paid for then this does not sound right. Contact trading standards for beat advice.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Very difficult to give definitive advice without access to the Terms & Conditions of your booking so I won't do that.

Just to be clear, when you say 26 October, do you mean November? If you do then, providing you're quick before the current sales end, you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting flights within your original budget.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 07-11-2011 at 08:25.

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Very difficult to give definitive advice without access to the Terms & Conditions of your booking so I won't do that.

Just to be clear, when you say 26 October, do you mean November? If you do then, providing you're quick before the current sales end, you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting flights within your original budget.
    The flights were bought on the 26th October for July 19th Next year!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Whoops! - misread your post.

I'm not surprised they can't deliver on that price for July - must be very annoying for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayboy4444 View Post
    Purchased 4 flights through an ABTA regulated website on the 26th October to Orlando with American Airlines for £1880.00. The flights are via Miami going and direct coming back. Paid for the flights in full and the money was taken from out bank account. On November 4th I received a call from the website who said that they could not get the code for these flights and would be refunding the cost of the flights. We can then rebook for £2900.00 for the same flight.
    Can they do this?
    Sounds like a couple of things to check here.

Firstly, I would agree with others on here that you need to check the T&C of your original booking with the company to see if they are legally allowed to cancel your booking. I'm not sure what they mean by "could not get the code", unless they mean they have taken your money before confirming seat availability with American, which is naughty to say the least.

Secondly, as far as offering you the chance to rebook the same flights at higher cost...you need to make sure that you're buying the same thing, in terms of class, cancellation rights, minimum/maximum stay etc etc. There are so many different airline "products" with totally different prices that result in the same seat being purchased, so you need to make sure you're comparing apples with apples.

Still, it doesn't sound right to me, so maybe have a word with ABTA?
    Keith

Florida Junior
    Just as an update.. I received a call while driving from the 3rd party who said they cannot stick by the price and would be refunding my money.
    Today I called to ask under which section of their terms & conditions they were cancelling and the lady said "oh Your tickets are here ...do you want me to email them?"
    I said "YES" and the tickets have been emailed ...I have checked on the American airlines check in and the flights are in my name...Im keeping quiet £1886.00 in July ....RESULT!!!

Great outcome! Doesn't happen often so make the most of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayboy4444 View Post
    Just as an update.. I received a call while driving from the 3rd party who said they cannot stick by the price and would be refunding my money.
    Today I called to ask under which section of their terms & conditions they were cancelling and the lady said "oh Your tickets are here ...do you want me to email them?"
    I said "YES" and the tickets have been emailed ...I have checked on the American airlines check in and the flights are in my name...Im keeping quiet £1886.00 in July ....RESULT!!!
    Linda