Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Fed up of searching - So who can do me the best deal

Florida Newbie

Red face Fed up of searching - So who can do me the best deal

Hi,

I'm fed up wading through website's with villa's for hire. There are so many I'm struggling to find the right one for me.

So, I thought I'd put what I'm after here and invite you to PM me, or email direct to with prices etc.

Also, can I ask, is it usual to ask for references when hiring a villa ? I'm worried that I'll turn up and find that the villa isnt real - Sorry for being paranoid.
    • 9th - 23rd November 2012
    • 3 adults, 3 children (All same family so 2 bedroom and sofa-bed in living room would be min size)
    • Close to International Drive ideally
    Many thanks all

Stu []
    Last edited by Jill; 06-11-2011 at 18:21.

Super Moderator
    You have definitely come to the correct site to find a fabulous villa but there are not many villas which are close to International Drive. All the villa owners who advertise here prove to the site owners every 6 months they do own the villa they are advertising so you do not need to worry about arriving and finding you have nowhere to stay. However, villa owners are not allowed to reply directly to guests as per your post so I would suggest you send out enquiries through the following links and in the comments section list your priorities then you should not have to wade through unsuitable homes.

http://www.orlandovillas.com/
    http://www.villasflorida.com/
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Stu

It is against the rules of this website for people to offer you a villa via PM or direct email to this question.

What you need to do is log onto the 3 websites at the top of this forum and put out a general request.

If you book a villa from someone replying to this thread OV can not gaurantee that it is authentic. Owners replying to a request through the websites all have to have their villas verified to prove that they do own them and the villa really exists

Looks like me and Jill were replying at the same time
    Last edited by christhear; 06-11-2011 at 18:25.
    Christine

Jill is quite right - put a request on one of the OV sites and you will fins plenty of suitable villas.

Hi Stu

You have made a good start by looking for a villa now for next year. This should give you a good choice to choose from. You can may be narrow it down a little by being more specific, ie lake or conservation view, direction the pool faces for example.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Welcome Stu and family.

Hopefully we can help you turn this "chore" into something pleasurable rather than dreaded. As the other posters have said , if you choose to book through one of the websites here you can be sure the villa is owned by the person who takes your booking.

With villas there are so many differences that it is important to choose what is best for your family , which may not necessarily be the cheapest but what suits your circumstances. A sofa bed may work for a few days but for a fortnight, I personally think you would find it awkward having to make it each day and if the people using it want to sleep they may well be disturbed by other people.

Once you start looking at some of the villas you may get a better feel for what you want, for example with 3 children then some community facilities might be nice to perhaps play tennis/basketball if you're having a day around the villa. If you have a fixed budget then it is best to say what that is and then the feedback will tell you if you either need to increase your budget to get everything youu really want or lower your expectations to meet the available budget. Planning should be part of the fun of a holiday but it can be daunting when it seems there is much to choose from.

First thing that may make a difference is if you intend hiring a car?
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    What I'd suggest you do is have a look at the maps on the villa sites to see which community is where. That way you will have an idea of which one is placed near to where you want to be.

Perhaps you want to be close to International Drive because you have stayed there before in a hotel? Personally I wouldn't want to stay in a Hotel/Motel again, we have been using villas for 15 years now even though we're normally only a party of 2.

Find an area then ask question to see if anyone has stayed there before. The task may be daunting but you'll get there in the end. Agree about the size of the villa, definately wouldn't like to be using bed settees for longer than 1 night, 3 bed would suit you better.

You have def come to the right place to find a great property. As said above owners are not allowed to send you direct replies on here, but if you put an enquiry on one of the sites above you will find plenty of owners who should be able to accommodate your request. Good luck.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham