Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Glenbrook

Florida Chatterbox

Glenbrook

Hi, I have started sifting through the e-mails for our holiday next September and have come across the Glenbrook area. Can I ask if anyone has anything they can share
    with me regarding this area? I have looked at the map but I would prefer to hear peoples opinions
    Many thanks
    Margaret

As our villa is on Glenbrook, we're a little biased Glenbrook is a relatively small community of 267 houses, well kept with a resort clubhouse and amenities. We have a Sweetbay at the entrance to the resort as well as some restaurants and other food shopping close by. If you have any specific questions, please ask and i'll do my best to answer.
    Regards, Mark

We also have a home on Glenbrook & all our guests comment on how quiet it is & find Sweetbay supermarket on site so handy
    We have lots of repeat guests so that speaks for itself
    Regards Carol

Florida Expert
    It might seem biased having three Glenbrook owners sharing thoughts, but Glenbrook is in a very nice area, 10 mins to Disney. It also has a clubhouse, childrens play area, fishing lake and a clubhouse with gym. Very well maintained.

Kaz
    KJH

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi,

I saw on another thread that Glenbrook has a daily shuttle to the parks/shops.

Don't want to start an off-topic tangent on the other thread but can I ask for more details about this service?

Had a quick look and I gather it is $9 for Disney. Does it go to Universal, I Drive, Florida Mall, Premium Mall, etc. If so, how much would one pay for a return ticket?

Also, is there a set timetable?

Thanks in advance.

Glenbrook has a daily shuttle bus service to all the parks & clothing outlets
    I dont know the price or the daily time table
    All the information can be had from Rennee at the Glenbrook club house
    Carol

The service does go to all the main areas, and there is a timetable published on a monthly basis which varies during the high/low seasons.

I am not sure of the current charges, but you can get return tickets. I had guests use it in March for all their trips to the parks etc, and commented how good and reliable it was.
    Graham

Florida Junior
    Glad to have stumbled over this thread and see the positive comments as I'm staying in Glenbrook for the first time later this month.

The chap I rented the villa off sent me info on the shuttle bus http://www.maingatetransportation.com (around $11 per person per trip) and as stated departure times are posted in the clubhouse.

Might give it a blast when I fancy a day off driving....

Dave

Florida Expert
    Hi Dave,

You will enjoy Glenbrook, it seems to improve every year. Always well maintained, we were there in April and going back soon.

Karen
    KJH

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks all for the info and thanks davealscop for the link.

I think it's an excellent option to have - would certainly be something we would look at when choosing which community to stay in.