Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Old town

Florida Newbie

Red face Old town

Hello

We were planning to go and visit Old town to go on the rides and see a car cruise.

I have heard that old town is looking a bit worn out and lots of the shops have closed down

Has anyone been recently?

Has anyone tried funspot - I believe that is next door to old town?

Thanks
    Nadim

Super Moderator
    We have not been this year so cannot comment on the number of shops being open but the car cruise is quite interesting if you have not seen one before and the owners are happy to chat about their vehicles, normally there is some entertainment in the central crossroads area. We have not been on the rides at the Funspot but have seen plenty of others ride them.
    Last edited by Jill; 04-11-2011 at 08:06.

Lots of shops have reopened in place of the closed shops and it was looking really good. Did the car cruise and that was good although more about the cars and less about the flashing lights and loud music(this seemed to be the main theme in previous years). Fun spot was very full and kids loved it.
    Jan

If anyone in your group is a car-nut, then a trip to old town on a friday or saturday evening is a must. Friday's is post-1970 cars, and Saturdays, pre 1970. The Saturday's rally draws a lot larger turn out of cars. Most of the shops are open, typical touristy type shops, but some a worth a look around, the rock shop in particular.

I'd say for a 2 or 3 hour visit on one of these day's, it's well worth it.. plus it's free to park, free to walk around.

The funspot is pretty large, but i cannot comment as this is something that we've never been into.. too busy looking at all the motor's...
    Wilf & Sarah

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    we always spend a couple of nights down at old town, Thursday nights is the motor Bikes show as we are bikers here in the UK we love to take a look around , we also played crazy Golf this years and had are photo done , dressing up as cowboys and bars girls , great fun [laugh]
    the young adults in the family love the go karting. They had done this since been little and now enjoy the fact now there car drivers here in the UK, they can beat there Dad on the track[msnwink]
    Gail

Florida Newbie
    Hi guys

Thanks for the feedback. Well we will definately be going to old town. I love classic cars so will try the Saturday. My kids are young (3 & 5) but can hopefully occupy themselves with the rides as well as looking at the cars.

Thanks very much everyone
    Nadim

Super Moderator
    If you love classic cars then it is definitely worth a trip

We were in Oldtown two weeks ago tonight. Did not notice any shops closed down we had a meal in the restaurant there which serve good food not the cheapest but not bad it was also Haloween so a great atmosphere and the cars are always worth a look, such dedication by their owners, my husband loves it.
    Val

Florida Expert
    STILL annoyingly the relevant websites are advertising accomodation so we can't post link here but have just had a look at it

its showing relevant shops as a map

I always liked breaks in old town
    tezz 7628

Florida Expert
    Dad versus son (13 years old) on the go-karts everytime... I think being lighter and smaller is an advantage ;-)
    One day I will beat him!
    Steve