Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: washing up powder/tabs

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    Attachment 181Attachment 182
    Diane, Most (top loaders) have a dispenser in the middle of the agitator where you pour fabric softner....
    Thanks msmiff, after 15 years of villa rental I now know where to put the fabric softner. Like others we just buy the tumble dryer sheets.
    We buy our soap powder from the Dollartree and use the one without bleach, I think that's called Sun. We also buy washing up liquid in there as we don't use the dishwasher. We would only be doing light loads each day and it seems so wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    Attachment 181Attachment 182
    Diane, Most (top loaders) have a dispenser in the middle of the agitator where you pour fabric softner....

Thank-you so much for that! I was sure there must be a way, just hadn't figured it out - lol [msnwink]
    Diane.

I just buy the American powder from Walmart as in this country loads of choice and varieties, but I do also take Ariel tablets for my whites personally just cannot find anything as good, been taking the tablets now for years and never had a problem

Val

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    What is it with all you lot and washing??????[msnwink][msnwink]

Just bung it all in and press start. I'm sure it will be fine.[msnembarrased]
    mike

Check too that the machine, if it is a newer model, doesn't need the HE powder (that is High Efficiency) our new one does and apparently if you just use the ordinary one it will not wash efficiently and clean the clothes. Most of the powders in Publix seem to be the HE ones, but just check. Please don't ask me what is all about, I only do what I am told.

We too have an American style top loader in the UK and I would never go back to the front loaders again. I also managed to get an American style really large dryer and it has certainly cut down on my ironing, no more crushed up clothes.

Andrena

Florida Expert
    seem to remember having confusion with washing liquid for clothes and then also dishes is that still relevant
    tezz 7628