Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Atlantic New Economy Meal Service

Personally I don't take the food into consideration when choosing my flights. Meals are just a distraction for me to relief the boredom. I eat what I like, the rest I give to my better half he will eat anything!!
    Barbara

The food I had on the VS15 last Thursday from Gatwick was acceptable. I don't even think about the food when I book a flight.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    It's got to be a positive move as the food on Virgin has not been good for quite a long time.

We always have a big meal before we get on the plane and never touch any of the food on-board. It works for us and on the way home means you don't have to eat at about 2am UK time when they serve the evening meal about an hour or two after take-off from Orlando. Eating at 2am does not help with the jet lag at all and we've all found by missing out the food they serve you on the way home, our bodies adjust back to UK time *much* quicker than before.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Eating before the flight is a big help John. It kicks off your digestive system, which in turn takes a lot of energy and makes you feel tired and so it helps you sleep on the flight home which helps with the jet lag.
    Steve

wrpac00
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Eating before the flight is a big help John. It kicks off your digestive system, which in turn takes a lot of energy and makes you feel tired and so it helps you sleep on the flight home which helps with the jet lag.
    I'll give that a try next year and see if it works.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    It's worked really well for us the last few times we've tried it . I am not usually able to sleep on flights but that has now changed .

Also, there seems little point in keeping yourself awake (for up to 3 hours, depending on how quick the cabin crew are with the food) just to have some food that is practically inedible anyway and at a daft time of the night UK time. Much better to settle down and get some sleep on a full meal from a nice restaurant before the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by wrpac00 View Post
    I'll give that a try next year and see if it works.

Florida Chatterbox
    This is exactly what I have done the last few flights and what a difference it makes to jet lag! That and melatonin when I get home helps to reajust

Quote Originally Posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk View Post
    It's worked really well for us the last few times we've tried it . I am not usually able to sleep on flights but that has now changed .

Also, there seems little point in keeping yourself awake (for up to 3 hours, depending on how quick the cabin crew are with the food) just to have some food that is practically inedible anyway and at a daft time of the night UK time. Much better to settle down and get some sleep on a full meal from a nice restaurant before the flight.
    Brian

Gold 5 Star Member
    So it looks like the answer is not to bother with the food on night flights. Maybe Virgin should have read this thread before going to the trouble of improving what's on offer.

I may give that a try. Have never managed to sleep on a flight and arrive home shattered. Thanks for the advice.
    Diane.

My husband is the only one that manages to sleep on a flight home .... but then he could fall asleep on a bed of nails !! Virgin's meals definitely needed improving but is the cost of this revamp being passed on to the passengers.... I somehow think it will be !!
    Wendy