Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaylord Palms- ICE

Florida Chatterbox

Gaylord Palms- ICE

Sorry if there is a tread on this I've missed but I've see posts referring to ICE at Gaylord Palms.

Can anyone please tell me what is is ? Is it an exhibition, a show ?

I think it's an exhibition of ice sculptures.

Sounds expensive to keep ice from melting in Florida!
    Dave.

There are a number of articles all about ICE! in the Florida Guide which is part of this group of web sites.

The link below will take you to the search page where you can put ICE into the search box. The first few articles are not relevant but there are at least 6 which are.

Regards Dave

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...his_guide.aspx
    Dave Lewis

Florida Chatterbox
    they change the theme every year. It is quite expensive but is such a stunning display. Give Snow a miss though it was terrible. just a room full of snow to play in. Maybe fun if you have never seen snow but not worth the extra. Don't wear shorts though as very cold even though they give you long coats.

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    I wouldn't say give anything a miss. We all like different things and some will like what we think is terrible, the number of visitors to all sorts of places, will testify to this.

A few years ago I overheard an "Expert" telling a young family on there first trip where to go & not to go. He really was a no it all bore. Anyway one of his comments was "Whatever you do don't go to Hollywood Studios, its rubbish. (He didn't use the word rubbish). "Universal is 1000 times better".
    After he left we got chatting to them only to find they were on our flight. I suggested they went where "they" wanted to go & make up your own minds. After all I said you will "probably want to go back"[msnwink] So you will find other places to visit, along the way.

We met them at MCO for the return flight. They went to both Hollywood & Universal, loved "Both" but the mum and daughters much prefered Hollywood Studios as it wasn't as daunting, & far more relaxing. She was so grateful she bumped into us at Manchester. They were going home to plan a next trip where Hollywood Studio's was top of the list. Another convert to Florida[clap][clap]. Dad preferred Universal though!!!!!!!!!
    mike

Florida Chatterbox
    We went to the Ice show & enjoyed it very much. We thought we wouldn't be affected by the cold - after all we're Brits who are used to cold weather, aren't we? It really was VERY cold. They give you coats to keep warm but the length of time you spend in there means you do feel the cold!
    Hazel.

Florida Chatterbox
    I didn't mean to tell people what to do. THe Ice part is brilliant and well worth it in my opinion - Just all my family felp that the Snow was not as well done. Not enough to keep you occupoed for the time allocated. Just my opinion. Do the Ice its great

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for all your replies.

Everyone has their own view. We went last year and in my opinion it is interesting, but way overpriced and the shop at the exit is tacky. I certainly wouldn't go again.
    Tonish

We have been three times since it first started and agree that it is expensive for the amount of time you spend inside. However if you look at some of the photos with the Florida Guide articles it is very impressive.

If you plan to go you should also have a look around the hotel and maybe have lunch or an evening meal.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis