Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Any Plans To Extend WWOHP?

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Any Plans To Extend WWOHP?

Anyone know if this is to definitely go ahead? Heard lots of rumours about expanding HP area into Lost Continent, wishful thinking on my behalf as im HP mad!

Anyone heard more about this recently or is it just speculation?

Harry Potter at Universal continued to be one of the biggest draws in 2011. Record numbers of visitors have pleased Universal, and there are plans to make more of the name; it is proposed to expand the Harry Potter area of the park and use the Hogwarts Express to transport visitors to the second area. So a magical train ride is on the cards !
    Val

The current rumour going around is that Universal have planned a Gringotts Bank ride.

The plans seem to show a Gringotts Bank ride, a large restaurant and more.

It appears this new area might be built on the soon to closed Amity and Jaws area.

Regards Dave
    Last edited by DaveL; 08-01-2012 at 20:21.
    Dave Lewis

Administrator
    That's what I heard too Dave, that the Jaws area would become the second phase of the Harry Potter park, with the train linking the IoA from Harry Potter to the new Universal Harry Potter area. Makes sense, as it's a good way to get people between the parks.

I'm not sure where that leaves the rumored Transformers park though.

The Jaws area is huge and woukd easily cover both areas. Pretty sure Universal own a very large rectangular lot behind jaws and MIB. Transformers park woud be brilliant, big fan here.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    That's what I heard too Dave, that the Jaws area would become the second phase of the Harry Potter park, with the train linking the IoA from Harry Potter to the new Universal Harry Potter area. Makes sense, as it's a good way to get people between the parks.

I'm not sure where that leaves the rumored Transformers park though.

The Transformers ride is committed to a May opening in the Hollywood park

However as it's a motion based ride it does not need a lot of room so they may try to fit it in somewhere else.

I guess it will depend on how much cash they have.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Administrator
    The Transformers rumour was not for just a ride but for a whole themed area or separate theme park which would be good either way.

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    The Transformers rumour was not for just a ride but for a whole themed area or separate theme park which would be good either way.
    My son hates flying and puts of coming with us if he can, since i read and told him about Transformers he keeps asking when will it be done and when are we going.

Boys and thier toys [] 26 going on the age of 6 [laugh] His dad is not much better.

It certainly would be different and would be very popular.

Mary

[ Site Link removed ]

Hope this link is allowed, shows news of Jaws closing to make room for Harry Potter ride area. The negitive is Harry fans will have to visit both parks and pay for both ....
    Last edited by DaveL; 09-01-2012 at 09:59. Reason: Site includes links to other sites that are not allowed

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Any Plans To Extend WWOHP?

I'd seen something recently in the Orlando attractions magazine. They have the proposed blueprints for the expansion into amity