Keith, that is very childish to say that people who talk against the EU are xenophobic. It isn’t the case. We can all have an open grown up debate about it and we all feel why it is good, or why it isn't good.

I voted no, because the EU is a dictatorship. I don’t see it any different. Directives are churned out on a daily basis telling us what we should do. What happens when the UK loses it’s court case against the EU because they want to relocate our clearing hours from the UK? This will mean huge job losses and revenue but why should the EU tell the UK where it must locate its clearing houses? What would be the next industry to relocate at the request of the EU. That indicates a dictatorship to me, otherwise the UK government would not be taking the EU to court to overturn this. What happens if the UK loses this court case, huge job losses in London. We are wasting money on defending our right to locate our financial clearing houses. If a financial transaction tax is imposed, this will have a huge impact on the financial services sector and this will mean thousands of job losses. It may not damage other countries as much, but the UK has a large financial services industry. This is the reality of the matter for the UK.

80% of our laws are from the EU. One size fits all does not work, one interest rate, one currency. Red tape on a daily basis, creation of quangos from the EU. Our measurements changed to metric, working time directives, agency workers rights, and environmental directives to name just a few. Of course I understand that some of these laws give greater rights to workers as well as employers but these should be made by the UK government only. This is what is stifling growth, not being flexible to the needs of each country.

I may have voted to stay in with just a trade agreement a long time ago but I now see the EU for what it is.

I would like to hear also how other people feel about remaining in and what parts they enjoy being part of the EU.