Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Should the UK remain a part of Europe?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the UK should remain part of Europe

5 7.35%
  • No, the UK should not remain part of Europe

29 42.65%
  • The UK should remain part of Europe but it should re-negotiate it's relationship

34 50.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should the UK remain in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by wrpac00 View Post
    I think you need to get back in touch with reality. The whole of Europe hates us, the Eurovision song contest is a great example of that. We could enter a song that would sell 4 million records and we would still be voted at the bottom.
    Your viewpoint of more than 850 million people is based on an annual song contest that has been a laughing stock for over 50 years, and you tell me to get back in touch with reality?

I feel sorry for you, Paul, I really do...your world must be a very lonely place.
    Keith

wrpac00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniff View Post
    Your viewpoint of more than 850 million people is based on an annual song contest that has been a laughing stock for over 50 years, and you tell me to get back in touch with reality?

I feel sorry for you, Paul, I really do...your world must be a very lonely place.
    I feel sorry for you because you haven't got a clue what you are talking about and won't accept the fact that we are hated by the whole of Europe.

wrpac00
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    Utter nonsense, I deal with pretty much the whole of Europe, booking musicians for tours and touring myself. Most artists steer clear of the UK as they are grated so badly in comparison with Europe. The French/Germans and the rst adore the talent we have, treat them well and we pome them with open arms. Not once have I or the english artists I deal with had any negativity, quite the opposite. Treated like kings and queens, very unlike touring the UK.
    The only negativity I hear is from Brits, saying Europe hates us. It simply is not true and is a myth. That's based on hard experience. Common Paul you cannot base it on the Eurovision, they have had years of Wotan taking the piss and the whole thing is a joke.
    You are talking abut a very select small area of people. In my extensive dealings with Europeans they do not like us, it is not a myth it is a fact.

Florida Chatterbox
    You are talking abut a very select small area of people. In my extensive dealings with Europeans they do not like us, it is not a myth it is a fact.
    Have you ever considered the fact that it might be you they don't like rather than us? Now that I could understand.....

Paul,
    We have property and family in Germany and France and I deal with around 300 concerts a year. That involves dealing with many different business (venues, public venues, hotels, airlines, embasseys, local and national government, press, local businesses to venues). The only way I would have any more experience is by moving over there, which is on the cards. Not once I had any negativity at all. Quite the opposite.
    Oh and I am German too. If your dealings extend further, then I bow to you

This thread started off as an interesting poll and an even more interesting discussion, on a topic that hugely affects all of us. But it has turned it into a xenophobic rant that I want no part of.

So in words of Theo Paphitis, "for that reason, I'm out"
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    In the hope of bringing this thread back around to a more friendly discussion, I wondered if I could ask anyone who voted on option 3 (renegotiate the UK's position with Europe) if they might voice an opinon on what they would like to see done differently? What would you like our involvement to be ... and vice versa .... what don't you mind Europe being in control of?

Personally I found last week's decision quite interesting; albeit that there seems to be a lot of detail yet to work out. If fully implemented it does look like it could lead to a two-tier Europe where the 'core' members have a much tighter integration (including policies such as tax and national spending) and where the 'non-core' members do not get any say in how these 'core' policies are set.

To flip the question around a bit; only 5 people out of 68 (about 1 in every 13) voted that they would like the UK to remain a part of Europe. Even if the UK were to remain a 'non-core' member of whatever a future Europe might look like, what does everything think this would mean in terms of things like trade, travel, etc.? Could we thrive as a country if we go independent?
    Steve

Are we thriving now?

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Could we thrive as a country if we go independent?

I voted option three and I think that we should be returning to the original idea of a trading area.

The government of this country should be responsible for all laws that affect it's citizens. We may not like them but at least we have a vote at the next election.

The buck should stop with somebody here in the UK that can be held responsible for any decisions that are made.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Super Moderator
    Does anyone now have a difference of opinion in light of the announcement by Greece regarding their referendum on the bailout?