Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally visited Mannys

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    well- to each his own, eh? but I'll certainly be there in just over 2 weeks time - lovely salad and great steak! The french onion soup is really good too! Never managed a dessert - although they all look good!
    Jean

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by janny View Post
    I am in the minority - one of those who is not a fan of Manny's I wouldn't bother to drive there I am afraid .It is too noisy for me to enjoy my meal .
    We have just come back from our family home in Southern Dunes and visited the new Mannys in Winter Haven. Now I know the one opposite our turning is quicker but its always so busy so we thought we'd try the new Mannys. There were 8 of in total and although we rang through for a table at 7pm it was another half an hour before we were seated. 3 of us ordered rib combo meals and my mum ordered salmon and the others various chicken and steaks. After 5 minutes the waitress came back and told us they'd ran out of ribs! It was only 7.40pm! Not impressed!!! Anyhow we changed them to steaks and I ordered chicken. All the meals came and my son had ordered a steak medium -well done and it arrived charcoal! They quickly changed it for us and most of the party said their steak was OK nothing special. My chicken was lovely however my mum left her salmon as it was only part cooked. After complaining to our waitress we had a free dessert which was nice but the whole meal cost $170.00 and we were really disappointed and won't be in any rush to return. The table behind us were celebrating a birthday and they too were complaining about their food.

A couple of nights later we visited our local Longhorn Steakhouse and I have to say its 100% better than Manny's, yes you get the atmosphere at Mannys but sometimes you can hardly hear yourself think!

We've had mixed experiences at the Haines City Manny's. When we first went we were bowled over with the steaks but I guess like anything else, it becomes "normal". The last couple of times we've been more annoyed by the wait and the noise than we have been in the past. Overall though, we would recommend it to anyone to try - it's a real experience!

Florida Chatterbox
    We have been to Manny's a number of times and never been disappointed however this year we are staying at New Port Richey and as good as it is we won't be making that sort of trip. However the other night we came across Cody's Original Roadhouse, I don't know what the deal is here but the two places are so similar. The building and decor, the waitress writing her and the managers name upside down on the table. The bottomless salad bowl, great steaks and the whole ambiance is so similar. The only difference beside the name was the free bucket of peanuts still in shells and the whole floor covered with the used shells. Even though it was the thing to do I felt like a naughty child throwing shells on the floor. I can recommend the food but have no idea what the desserts are like as like Manny's we had no room left.

Has anyone been to Cody's or know if there is a connection between the two.