Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inflight Seating Information

Inflight Seating Information

Hi,
    the Virgin Atlantic Web site tells me, on our next flight from Manchester to Orlando we will be on an Airbus A330 - 300.

I have looked at the seting plan on the Virgin Web site, and the lay out is 2-4-2. I have tried to find information as where the best seats are located but all the usual web sites don't seem to have any information on these flights?

I did find some for smaller Airbuses, but the seats only go up to row 35, and I have been allocated row 60.

Has any one got any advice for me for me on the best seats (if thats possible in economy), thanks

Diane.
    Diane.

At a guess, the 'plane is an A340-300. (Certainly NOT an A330 ! if in seat row 60...)
    Have a look on 'seatguru' under Virgin Atlantic for seating layout....
    Outward bound, personally really don't care as long as window +1
    Homeward, just prefer to be as far from toilets as possible !!!

I've just checked the Virgin Web site again and it states the Plane is a A330 - 300. I have also checked Seat Guru (again) and the floor plan for the A340 - 300 is not the same as the seating plan on the Virgin Web Site, so I can only assume it's NOT a A340-300. But thanks for taking the time to reply, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Diane.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Hi,
    the Virgin Atlantic Web site tells me, on our next flight from Manchester to Orlando we will be on an Airbus A330 - 300.

I have looked at the seting plan on the Virgin Web site, and the lay out is 2-4-2. I have tried to find information as where the best seats are located but all the usual web sites don't seem to have any information on these flights?

I did find some for smaller Airbuses, but the seats only go up to row 35, and I have been allocated row 60.

Has any one got any advice for me for me on the best seats (if thats possible in economy), thanks

Diane.
    Diane,

The aircraft is a A330 Airbus. Unfortunately Seat Guru has yet to have a seat plan for the A330 with Virgin so there is no way of knowing the good seats but row 60 looks okay on the seat plan. I don't know if you are aware but you can pay extra for exit row seats if you are all adults in your party.

The Virgin A330 Airbus's are superb aircraft and the entertainment sytem on them is fantastic. I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Found it !!!
    This is the one....
    [
    Link To Website removed ]
    Last edited by MTP; 24-10-2011 at 14:24. Reason: Website Link removed

The rear seating plan on the A330-300 is the same as the A340-600 so i would guess that the seating plan for the latter aircraft on seat guru would be the same also.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    Found it !!!
    This is the one....
    [
    Link to website removed ]
    Thanks for this - but this is just the Virgin Web Site where I first started, I was looking more for reviews on the aircraft, but thans for you time. [msnsmile2]
    Last edited by MTP; 24-10-2011 at 14:24. Reason: Link removal
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
    The rear seating plan on the A330-300 is the same as the A340-600 so i would guess that the seating plan for the latter aircraft on seat guru would be the same also.

Dave
    Thanks for this, just had a look and yes the lay out looks the same, I'm not in a "poor seat" which I'm please about, In the past I once ended up in a seat that didnt recline, but the guy in front of me did, so I unded up squashed for 8 hours! [msnsad]

Diane.
    Diane.

Thanks for this, we usually do pay the upgrade for the extra leg room seats as we are both very tall and appreciate the extra room, but they aren't always available. I understand that we can now book them 3 days in advance so will be taking up the offer. Thanks for the info and your time.

Diane.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Diane. There is every possibility the seating layout will be very similar to US Airways A330-300 aircraft. Which you can see at [link to web site removed] I always book seats between row 10 & 20 if possible so we are in front of the engines, where its a little quieter. Also you disembark quicker.

We are a family of 4 & have booked the middle row, but on our lats & next 2 trips I have booked 2 in front of 2 at the side which was OK.
    Last edited by DaveL; 23-10-2011 at 19:06. Reason: Links to certain travel related sites are not allowed
    mike