Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What food (if any) ?

What food (if any) ?

Hia,

New to this site, found it very interesting already.

Off to Orlando in a few weeks with all the family and wondered, what food stuffs (if any) are you allowed to take to the good ole USA?

My kids like certain cereals so thought we'd take some of our own- also, my wife likes her de-caf coffee, are you allowed to take coffee?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    You can definately take cereals and coffee. Also worth taking your own tea-bags if you drink tea. We always take cereal as we theirs very sweet, even if it the same thing as the UK there seems to be extra sugar in it. Cereal is quite bulky but light, leaves plenty of room for all the goodies you will buy whilst there. They are mainly intersted in meats and fruit / vegetables these are a definate no no. I cant remember if you have to declare food on the customs form but have always admitted to having food if asked and had no problems.
    Christine

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the site!

I've always taken my own coffee and "Tetley" tea bags!! The American version of tea is very different!!
    had no problems at all although like Christine says, I've also declared it.
    Sharon

wrpac00
    You can get coffee in Walmart along with most popular cereals.

Always take T bags, the American tea just isnt the same.
    Diane.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I know this has been discusse a thousand times but places like Walmart have every type of cereal under the sun and we make use of the filter coffee machine that is in your villa because there are all sorts of coffee available-i would never dream of taking stuff like this-i do understand the tea bags though!

Teabags ,coffee and my favourire marmalade are musts for me to take to Florida[msnsmile2]
    Barbara

At home we drink decaff Nescafe Gold Blend. The equivalent is decaff Tasters Choice in the US supermarkets.
    Glenda and Geoff

Florida Chatterbox
    We take Yorkshire tea bags, Nescafe de-caf, porridge oats, & sealed packs of English hard cheese e.g. Cheddar.
    Hazel.

Always take teabags as I don't like the american ones. Coffee is different have found a few good brands. Baked Beans should not have tons of sugar or honey in so I have been known to take the odd tin with us. Cheese, now that is a good comment, always miss english hard cheese, mature Cheddar (yum...) not aware you were allowed to take this with you. If you are though, I will take some.
    Jan