Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flight Sales

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    I've had a quote for £539 each flying with Virgin 1st Sept for 2 weeks, seems like a good price but is it worth waiting a bit ?
    Last time we flew we paid £500 each for last week in August (2008)
    Margaret
    Always risky to advise others how to spend their money because it could easily go either way there. All I would say is that if it was my money I would wait because a fare at that level is going to be available to you several times between now and what is still quite a while away. I see that BA currently have a more or less identical fare on their website and that comes down to £498 if you put your dates forward a couple of days.

There will be sales around the Christmas/New Year period so, if it was me, I'd hang on for a while. Of course, it isn't me so it's your call!
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 01-11-2011 at 02:15.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomena View Post
    That's a difficult question Margaret. I always tell my guests to shop around and when they have found a route and flight price they are happy with to book it and then not to look at flight prices again before they travel!!!

Good luck!
    That's the standard advice and it's sound. Problem is, very few people can actually resist looking.

Florida Chatterbox
    We've just flown direct Glasgow to Sanford last month with Thomas Cook Airlines for £420, worth a try but not sure what other airports they use. They only operate May to October I think but that should be ok for you!
    Andy

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Yesterday booked our 2012 Summer flights. Man to Mco travelling out July back August Virgin Direct £478.00 each

We are lucky in the fact we can travel early July which is just before the flights rise.

This is cheaper than we paid this year with Virgin so there are deals out there to be had.

I have been monitoring flights almost daily since beginning of October so patience has been rewarded
    Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    American Airlines have a sale on at the moment. From £379 to MCO from London or Manchester up to 31 March 2012. £498 01 april - 22 June.

Book by 08 Nov

Gold 5 Star Member
    Looks like the BA sale will start on 22 December 2011 and if they're having one then all their competitors will no doubt follow suit. If anybody's thinking of booking 2012 flights in the next couple of weeks, it might well be worth hanging on for the sale fares.

Super Moderator
    Thank you for the update as we were thinking of looking for flights for the earlier part of next year - will now hold off till the 22nd at least

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sale is starting 8 am Thursday 22 December as we thought. They usually load the fares into the system the day before so there should be a chance to jump the gun before Thursday for the best bargains.

Last year the fares ran up to 30 September but it isn't yet clear whether that will be repeated.

Prices are ridiculously high at the minute, sales or no sales. Price for economy at easter at the minute is touching £1500. Summer time isn't looking much better. Sales only ever seem to apply to non school holiday periods.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    Prices are ridiculously high at the minute, sales or no sales. Price for economy at easter at the minute is touching £1500. Summer time isn't looking much better. Sales only ever seem to apply to non school holiday periods.
    BA are doing club for that price at the moment (£780 each way) and economy for for about £300 each way.