Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sales

Florida Chatterbox

Flight Sales

Hi, we are hoping to visit Orlando in September 2012 and have started looking for flight prices. We are limited about dates because of work commitments so will have to fly out on a Saturday. The prices I have found so far are £640 for Virgin, we really want direct flights this time (after last years experience) I know that Virgin and British Airways have sales throughout the year, but does anyone know when the September flights will be featured ? I know flight prices have gone up recently but was hoping to pay rather less than £640.
    Margaret

Hi Margaret.I fully understand you wanting direct flights
    Virgin and British Airways periodically have sales throughout the year. If possible I would wait until January 2012 both usually have sales around this time. I would also checkout this website.
    http://www.flightsflorida.com Also visit the forum often as owner often post on here if they know of any good flight prices.[msncool]
    Barbara

Hi Margaret

Not sure about BA as we always fly Virgin, and they usually have a sale in the New Year. We tend to book our May flights then, they may have availability for as far ahead as September. They also have several more sales throughout the rest of the year. As it's outside of school holidays I'm sure you will be able to get a better price. You just have to keep constantly checking this area as people post when they hear of a sale coming up or a good deal.
    Debra

we saved a lot of money by waiting for last minute flights as there were only 3 of us, got 3 adult flights taxes etc £1,359 was around 17 hundred days before... coming up to bank holidays they tend to have sales...
    Liesa

All I can suggest is to keep looking on the web sites, or register with a site that emails Fare Alerts, it's always a gamble how long to leave it. If you have set dates, leaving it too long could result in no flights = no holiday. I'm sure there are some bargains out there, its just finding them!
    Good luck.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for your replies, guess I'll just have to keep looking
    Margaret

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Margaret

I don't fly Virgin so can't help with that but I can confirm that BA do have a number of sales throughout the year. The last occasions they had sales covering Economy September travel were:

22 December 2010 to 25 January 2011
    29 June to 19 July 2011
    24 August to 20 September 2011

That is more less reflected by earlier years' dates and there have been other sales in between those dates but not for September travel. I should also add that some sales are destination-specific so don't assume that Orlando will be included although the US is BA's main international destination so at least 1 Florida destination is very likely.

I expect there will be a sale coming up in the next few weeks that will probably cover the early part of 2012 with a much bigger sale following in late December for flight through to Autumn 2012. Of course I could be completely wrong but it would fit in the pattern over recent years.

If you want to fly BA on a sale fare next September I'd hang on until late December.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 18-10-2011 at 08:21.

I have guests in my home at the moment who flew with BA from the UK to Tampa.They contacted me on Sunday to say they arrived safely. Also mentioned the journey from Tampa to Davenport was a breeze and was a cheaper and better option for them than arriving at Orlanda airport ..
    Barbara

We are going in October 2012 and are starting to look around at flight prices, we were considering flying into Tampa so I am definitely going to price that route up as well as Orlando and going indirect, when we went in 2009 we got flights for £525 pp direct but I think prices have gone up considerably. What would you say is an average for direct/indirect ?
    Wendy

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We got £2100 for four of us flying out for Christmas & New Year. US Airways via Philly. Very pleased with that as our Summer holiday was £2400.

We have also got £2300 for next spring. As they are in school holiday times were more than happy.

As the Christmas flights are now showing £2850 I'm even happier. We wouldnt/couldnt fly charter as they are too restrictive for us.
    mike