Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flight Sales

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch50 View Post
    We are going in October 2012 and are starting to look around at flight prices, we were considering flying into Tampa so I am definitely going to price that route up as well as Orlando and going indirect, when we went in 2009 we got flights for £525 pp direct but I think prices have gone up considerably. What would you say is an average for direct/indirect ?
    To be honest, outside school holidays direct flights on BA and, to a lesser extent, Virgin are very similar to flights with connections. Fares to Orlando/Tampa can be had for under £500 (and sometimes less than £400 in the sale!) The problem is that BA only fly internationally from London so if you're in other parts of the UK it still means a connection or a very long drive. Judging by your address, that isn't going to be a problem for you.

I don't know enough about school holiday fares to make a useful comment.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for all the input, I have considered flying in to Tampa, I understand the drive to Orlando is fairly straightforward. I have flown with Virgin and BA before and preferred BA to Virgin. I will wait and see
    Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Thanks for all the input, I have considered flying in to Tampa, I understand the drive to Orlando is fairly straightforward. I have flown with Virgin and BA before and preferred BA to Virgin. I will wait and see
    Margaret
    Margaret the drive from Tampa to Orlando is very easy It is one of our favourite airports to arrive in the Disney area. [msnsmile2]
    Barbara

We go out next Monday and are flying with BA from Edinburgh via London to Tampa we paid £460 each for our flights which I thought was fairly reasonable.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have flown into Tampa many times and the drive is very easy. We are restricted to school holidays and flew into Miami this year with Virgin. We have just managed to get a bargain with Continental flying 26th July 2012 indirect via Newark for £366 each. Outside school holidays the prices are very good, judging from some of the emails I received for outside school holidays prices were reasonable. Sign up to as many travel sites to receive updates, including the charter travel which advertise through this site. They always keep me updated especially when special fares come in. Good luck and sometimes it's being on the net at the right time and enjoy your holiday.
    Jan&Steve

Jan
    Funnily enough I spoke to Charter Travel this morning about flights etc and they have put me on their mailing list for flights next October ..... what travel sites would you recommend signing up to ?? if you can't post them on here would you be able to DM them to me if possible ....
    Last edited by kitch50; 26-10-2011 at 22:11.
    Wendy

Thanks Arlene [msnsmile2]
    Wendy

Florida Chatterbox
    I've had a quote for £539 each flying with Virgin 1st Sept for 2 weeks, seems like a good price but is it worth waiting a bit ?
    Last time we flew we paid £500 each for last week in August (2008)
    Margaret

That's a difficult question Margaret. I always tell my guests to shop around and when they have found a route and flight price they are happy with to book it and then not to look at flight prices again before they travel!!!

Good luck!