Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Busy!busy!busy!+one very rude cast member!!!!

Florida Savvy

Busy!busy!busy!+one very rude cast member!!!!

Hi everyone! Went to magic kingdom yesterday for our one day Disney visit! Thought it might be quieter on a Wednesday! Boy did I get that wrong!!! It was absolutely heaving! Shoulder to shoulder and every ride had wait times in excess of 90 mins even the awful haunted house was seventy mins!!! We only managed to get a few rides done but as it was our friends first visit we stayed late to see the electric parade, which was fantastic and the fire works! Again fantastic!! We didn't get a chance to see the light show on the castle as the parade was late starting and by the time we shuffled along it was finished! I say shuffled because everyone stayed late for these shows! I hav never seen it so busy! Anyway we finally managed to just get squeezed into a spot to manage to see the fireworks, the cast members were being a bit frantic trying to keep people behind the line! Someone bumped my 23 year old son and he put his foot over the line to catch his balance! The cast member quickly shouted at him" behind the line sir!" and then kicked him in the ankle!! How rude is that! I do understand that their job is hectic especially with crowds like that, but really do you need to be that rude! Oh and by he way , this was an elderly lady! And I have to say is probablythe only reason my son did not react to It
    in a stronger manor than he did!!!
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Yesterday was Columbus Day so I assume that is why it was so busy, not usually that busy at this time of year.
    Lyn

Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, but research is the key, especially if you are only going to have one day at the parks. There are various public holidays throughout the year and they will be different to the ones that you may normally be used to. They are exceptionally busy days at the parks and should be avoided. So should grumpy old ladies, that can be taken as read, though.
    Euan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Pauline
    I don't care how busy it was or how stressed they are, there is absolutely no excuse for them to kick your son in the shin and would have been hard pressed to keep quiet. I know they don't always like to make a scene but I think you shuld have said something or reported it at he time or even now write to Guest Services but if you dont have their name it might be difficult to be certain exactly who it was.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Savvy
    Think we will just Mark it up to experience! As far as avoiding public holidays goes, I had a homer moment! Lol! I though columbus day was on Monday and that it was always at the weekend!doh!!! Guess I'll know better the next time!
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Chatterbox
    I'm confused I thought Columbus day was on Monday so why would it be so busy on the Wednesday! That would have caught me out too!!
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
    I'm confused I thought Columbus day was on Monday so why would it be so busy on the Wednesday! That would have caught me out too!!
    Columbus day is on a Monday, its on the 2nd Monday of October every year so not sure where the Wednesday one came from

Dave

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    It was Monday wasnt it?

Florida Savvy
    Yes, it was Wednesday we were there! And planned this because we thought columbus day was on Monday!! It was on a Monday when we were last here in October! Is it a fixed day or date like say Christmas so can fall on different days but same date?
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    According to various websites Columbus day is the 2nd Monday in October, however other sites state that Columbus day is 12th October which is the date in 1492 when Christopher Columbus landed in the Americas.
    Lyn