Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Keep the forum ticking

Nobody like to feel that've been patronised for expressing an opinion, and it wouldn't be realistic if we all held the same views. Variety is the spice of life!
    My hubbie hates using credit or debit cards, although he's quite happy for me to 'do' everything online with my cards! He doesn't even know his pin numbers and has told the bank if anybody withdraws cash from an ATM on his card they should consider it fraud as the card must have been stolen! He much prefers cash, I'm happy to spend either way [msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I have some sympathy with what you felt.

I suppose it's inevitable and perfectly understandable on a forum that exists to promote Florida villa rental where most active members are owners. A few years ago I spent some time compiling a report and posting photos about a trip I made to the Gulf Coast and rented a beach front condo (there weren't any properties on this site that fit the bill). While I can't claim to have felt 'hung drawn and quartered' I did feel that there was quite a bit of negativity from a few members who had villas for rent in the area.
    Thats such a shame, with out your advice, we would of missed out on a fantastic holiday, because of your recommendations, guidance and experience we decided to book a gulf coast Condo (with some input from Tonish too), we had the most fantastic holiday (all the better for meeting you in person). I would love your trip reports and photos, and one day hope to meet up with you and Denise on Sanibel again.

Diane (and Phil). [msnsmile2]
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by kitch50 View Post
    I do sometimes feel I am being "talked down to" when people reply to posts.... a prime example of this is the debate on travellers cheques and cash vs. credit cards/debit cards ..... as long as the dollar bill is printed I will be using cash on my holiday, I know that I and a few others think that we are made to feel like we live in the dark ages because we don't use our credit cards/debit cards when on holiday and I don't think we should be disrespected or "talked down to" because this is the way we choose to take our money ...... I do think twice before expressing my opinion these days (this post has taken a lot of thought before posting) although having said that I love coming on here and my day isn't complete unless I get my OV fix. I hope I haven't offended anyone by saying all of this.
    Mr M Always has problems with the ATMs abroad. No mater what we do, inform the bank etc etc, it always goes wrong, so Im with you on this one, we tend to us the good old fashioned cash>
    Diane.

I always use cash. Cards are only for backup. Credit cards can be very tempting to overspend especially in the sales.[msnsmile2]
    Barbara

Caroline it sounds as though our hubbies were separated at birth! Steve recently went into the bank to draw some cash and had to produce his passport to prove who he was (he still has the old driving licence without a picture) he explained the he had never used an ATM, didn't know where his debit card was as he had never taken it out of the envelope it came in and as for the pin number he had as much chance of knowing that as he did of knowing the winning lottery numbers for the next draw. He doesn't mind using his US debit card in Florida though.....strange!
    Julie

Oh Julie that did make me laugh, Dave had to do something similar when he tried to order a cheque book over the phone and couldn't give the correct account info so had to take ID into the branch [msnsmile2] Each time they send him a new card, he opens the safe and adds the envelope to the pile of others in there!! I give up!
    Caroline & Dave